• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is Flying Scotsman on the Main Line today 24 Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was meeting a couple of friends yesterday and they said that their brother in law was going on a main line steam train today, 24 September, hauled by Flying Scotsman, they were not sure of all the details, but thought it may have been from Doncaster to Ely.? I was just curious as it sounds a bit of an odd one, UK Steam info does not show it, although I know the chap who looks after that site has been unwell recently. Does any have any info re this trip? Tks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I was meeting a couple of friends yesterday and they said that their brother in law was going on a main line steam train today, 24 September, hauled by Flying Scotsman, they were not sure of all the details, but thought it may have been from Doncaster to Ely.? I was just curious as it sounds a bit of an odd one, UK Steam info does not show it, although I know the chap who looks after that site has been unwell recently. Does any have any info re this trip? Tks.

It’s at NVR as far as I know, last weekend and this one upcoming

malc-c

It's at NVR providing foot plate experiences until October 11th

I managed to video it on its way to NVR last wednesday

The only steam running today that I can find is the "Jacobite" but that's from Fort William... nothing down south.

UK Steam info does not show it
Hello.
If you're referring to the site uksteam.info I believe the site isn't currently being updated due to ill health and subsequent unavailability of the guy who maintains the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.