• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is the Finsbury Park One-Way System still in operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frediculous

Hello all,

Am needing to change to the Victoria line from a Thameslink service on Tuesday (essential journey as a key worker) - is the one-way system at Finsbury Park still in place?

If it is in place, is it still quicker than changing to the Vic at St Pancras? Am arriving on the 0807 (@ Finsbury, 0814 St P) and aiming to get to Victoria for the 0834 departure - which should be doable from either depending on the length of the walk (or I'll need 30mins less sleep!)!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Hello all,

Am needing to change to the Victoria line from a Thameslink service on Tuesday (essential journey as a key worker) - is the one-way system at Finsbury Park still in place?

If it is in place, is it still quicker than changing to the Vic at St Pancras? Am arriving on the 0807 (@ Finsbury, 0814 St P) and aiming to get to Victoria for the 0834 departure - which should be doable from either depending on the length of the walk (or I'll need 30mins less sleep!)!
Could always leap, if the doors are open on both, across to the 08:08 Moorgate on Pl. 1 and use Highbury instead...

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, the ridiculous one-way system in still in place.

I agree with @4-SUB 4732 that it will be quicker to take a Moorgate train from Finsbury Park ad change at Highbury & Islington which is a cross platform change to the Victoria Line.

The interchange at Finsbury is very tight, but do-able, if you train is on time arriving at Finsbury Park (aim to be in the front 6 cars of the train). If you miss the 08:08 then the next Moorgate train is at 08:13 so it's probably best to wait for this rather than take a hike at Finsbury Park or St Pancras.

Should you need to tap in with contactless or Oyster to use the Victoria Line there are platform validators at Highbury & Islington.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Hello all,

I also see you’re getting the 08:34 down Dartford way. Are you only going to, say, Denmark Hill / Peckham / Nunhead? If so, surely best to change at Blackfriars?

And if going to Lewisham or beyond, best to change at London Bridge?

frediculous

I also see you’re getting the 08:34 down Dartford way. Are you only going to, say, Denmark Hill / Peckham / Nunhead? If so, surely best to change at Blackfriars?

And if going to Lewisham or beyond, best to change at London Bridge?
Denmark Hill, but there's no Orpington trains running it seems and the Sevenoaks one has a too long connection (This is what I usually do when travelling off-peak to work)

Thanks all, I've seen the Moorgate services pull in as I've arrived before at Finsbury Park so will jump on one of them.

Foxy73

Hi, does anyone know if the one-say system (for Covid measures) are still in place at Finsbury Park? From memory last year, when arriving at the station from Stevenage, you had to leave the station and walk round to the back to re-enter in order to get on the Victoria Line to Oxford Street.
Thanks!

The exile

Established Member
Hi, does anyone know if the one-say system (for Covid measures) are still in place at Finsbury Park? From memory last year, when arriving at the station from Stevenage, you had to leave the station and walk round to the back to re-enter in order to get on the Victoria Line to Oxford Street.
Thanks!
It was on Saturday
existing thread:

duncanp

Established Member
Thanks!

It is a right pain in the backside <( <( <(

If arriving from Stevenage and you want the Southbound Victoria Line, it is quicker to jump on a Moorgate train (if one is due) and change at Highbury & Islington.

There is also less walking if you carry on to Kings Cross and change there, providing you ignore the official signage and use the quick way to get to the Victoria Line.

Foxy73

If arriving from Stevenage and you want the Southbound Victoria Line, it is quicker to jump on a Moorgate train (if one is due) and change at Highbury & Islington.

There is also less walking if you carry on to Kings Cross and change there, providing you ignore the official signage and use the quick way to get to the Victoria Line.
OK thanks! Last summer I was getting the train to Kings Cross and changing there, but I might look at the Moorgate option :) Agree, it's a right pain, fingers crossed in June it will go back to normal.

Foxy73

Just wondering, what is the quick way to the Victoria Line?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The one-way system was very much still in operation on Sunday. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree that changing onto a Moorgate train if one is due and then changing cross-platform at Highbury & Islington is best. If travelling from Stevenage and stay on the train you'll likely be travelling to St Pancras rather than Kings Cross though, still probably faster to change there rather than hiking round the streets at Finsbury but do use the old tube ticket hall, not the new Northern ticket hall to access the Victoria Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.