• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there a way to see individual charges against an unregistered debit card for TfL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
I’ve got £20 coming out tomorrow and I’m pretty sure I didn’t do £20 worth of travelling round London yesterday! Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nunners

I’ve got £20 coming out tomorrow and I’m pretty sure I didn’t do £20 worth of travelling round London yesterday! Any ideas?
I think you can see the individual charges online or on app - sounds like it's charged you a penalty fare

Bayum

Established Member
I think you can see the individual charges online or on app - sounds like it's charged you a penalty fare
Not sure why I’ve been charged a penalty fare. Plus, it’s the only charge I’ve got from TfL.

Hmmm. Appears I missed the contactless points at London Bridge.

Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If you call the TfL contact centre they should be able to sort it out for you.

plugwash

Established Member
My first suspicion for unexpectedly large charges would be incomplete journeys. AIUI if a journey takes too long it can time out resulting in two incomplete journey charges.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
My first suspicion for unexpectedly large charges would be incomplete journeys. AIUI if a journey takes too long it can time out resulting in two incomplete journey charges.
...and two incomplete journey charges, (aka maximum cash fares, which are not “penalty fares” as mentioned in post #3), don’t count towards the daily capping total.

Nunners

...and two incomplete journey charges, (aka maximum cash fares, which are not “penalty fares” as mentioned in post #3), don’t count towards the daily capping total.
Sorry, forgot what they were called. Penalty fare sounded right at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.