• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Isle of Man Horse Trams suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Just seen on the news that horse drawn trams on the Isle of Man have been suspended for the first time ever due to a virus breaking out which has led to the horses taking ill.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
Could they not have a replacement donkey service, using the donkeys that they use for rides along the beach.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oh dear :( I do hope they recover quickly the horse tram was great fun when a group of Forum Members had a trip to the Isle of Man last year.

I was actually worried that it was the bean counters that had got after them again as the service was under threat in the not to distant past. Which would be a shame as it was well used (by tourists I hasten to add) whilst we were there. I don't recall many going past less than half full.

kylemore

I'm sure their union has negotiated good company sick pay.

Not these days I'm afraid - if they're off for more than 3 days they'll get warning letters regarding their attendance with a threat of disciplinary proceedings

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not these days I'm afraid - if they're off for more than 3 days they'll get warning letters regarding their attendance with a threat of disciplinary proceedings

And they'll have to get food from a straw bank.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I had thought that the horse trams had stopped running due to "Road Improvements or something"

SeanG

Apparently its a cough going round. they are feeling a bit horse...

Status
Not open for further replies.