• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Isle of Sheppey Bus fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, does anyone know if there is a day rover type ticket that is valid on Arriva buses from Sheerness to Halfway & return, plus from Leysdown back to Sheerness and that is also valid on the Chalkwell service from Sheerness to Warden Point. There was when I did those journeys about three years ago. ?

Many Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

extendedpaul

Last time I checked the Explorer ticket was valid on Arriva, Stagecoach and KCC -supported services from other operators like Chalkwell and Nu-Venture.

I'm not sure which, if any, Chalkwell services are commercially operated but there's an e-mail contact form and phone number on their website.

Unfortunately there's no Plus Bus for Sheerness/Sheppey.

duncombec

It used to be a contract stipulation for KCC that explorer tickets were accepted, but as the tide is for operators to declare services commercial, they are not as widely valid as they were before.

As far as I can tell (the timetable was last updated in April 2012, with a KCC logo), the 367 looks to still be a supported service - and when they declared parts of the Sittingbourne town network commercial last year, new timetables were produced showing which journeys were commercial and which weren't (Saturday is a good day, it would seem, as most things are still supported then).

We really need a "discovery" style ticket as has been introduced in Surrey and West Sussex: all operators, same price. At the moment, you're better off buying it from Stagecoach, as Arriva are over a pound more expensive!

Good morning, does anyone know if there is a day rover type ticket that is valid on Arriva buses from Sheerness to Halfway & return, plus from Leysdown back to Sheerness and that is also valid on the Chalkwell service from Sheerness to Warden Point. There was when I did those journeys about three years ago. ?

Many Thanks.

Hi,

There is no cross operator ticket as far as I am aware.

A Sheppey Day Ticket is £4.20 and covers Sheppey from Sheerness to Minster and Queenborough/Rushenden

Swale Day Ticket is £5.30 and covers the whole of Sheppey and also over to Sittingbourne including Kemsley and Milton (and maybe Faversham?)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.