• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Joe Biden, how would you rate him 18 months in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Strife

Established Member
Lots of politicians seem to be sponsored (i.e. "bought") by industries and/or lobby groups, and most will never vote for anything considered contrary to the self-interests of their sponsors.

This is because the US system essentially allows you to spend an unlimited amount on the campaign.

In comparison, I'm involved in local politics (not in the UK), and once we'd paid for some small amounts of advertising, all we had left was to hit the streets to talk to people because we couldn't spend anything more.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brad465

Established Member
So yesterday Biden announced plans to write-off $10,000 in student debt for all students earning <$125,000pa, which has no doubt caused controversy left and right. The official White House Twitter account, in response to some critics in Congress, done a list of "This you" burns/hypocrisy highlights regarding PPP loan write-offs they personally benefitted from, something that is very sassy, hilarious and unexpected from the said account:

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene had $183,504 in PPP loans forgiven.

Continued...

Busaholic

Veteran Member
So yesterday Biden announced plans to write-off $10,000 in student debt for all students earning <$125,000pa, which has no doubt caused controversy left and right. The official White House Twitter account, in response to some critics in Congress, done a list of "This you" burns/hypocrisy highlights regarding PPP loan write-offs they personally benefitted from, something that is very sassy, hilarious and unexpected from the said account:

Marjorie Taylor Greene, the woman who makes Trump seem sane and empathetic by comparison. Just look at the eyes though (with both of them) and, as they say in the House of Commons, ''the eyes have it'' i.e. your soul or lack thereof is so often portrayed in your eyes. :)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If you want to laugh at America's decrepit president there's a guy on YouTube posting skits of Joe Biden in Skyrim, which are...well, you'll see. (There's a little bad language, fyi)

Gostav

America's left and right are so divided today, dissidents almost see each other as foreigners and it's not Biden can fix it.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
After the Afghanistan horlicks, he seems to have come back as a safe pair of hands.

The cancelling of student loans seems sensible (we do automatically if students don''t earn above a certain amount) albeit thats domestic for Americans.

He's supporting the West in the war in Europe.

Seems to be doing well to my mind.

Strathclyder

Established Member

We need to see more of this kind of thing. Call their hypocrisy out for what it is and watch them froth, splutter and rage in response as we all know that's all they have to respond with - certainly wouldn't expect anything of substance, let alone meaningful policy - MTG's 'Go to hell' being a perfect case in point. Let them do that whenever they're dense/craven enough to pipe up, and leave the actual adults to get on with actually running the country.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, the woman who makes Trump seem sane and empathetic by comparison. Just look at the eyes though (with both of them) and, as they say in the House of Commons, ''the eyes have it'' i.e. your soul or lack thereof is so often portrayed in your eyes. :)
There is indeed nothing behind those eyes, much less the semblance of a soul. Shrill, vapid dudgeon, yes. Soul? Nope.

Flogged that off years ago, if she even had it to start with.

Last edited:

railfan99

Established Member
Biden is hopeless and demented, and the Vice President is a Marxist. Trump ought be swapped for a more sensible Republican, but Trump might then run as an independent.

For those of us in Westminster nations, their USA system of government is truly odd.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I look forward to the publication of this thesis on the existence of the "soul", and the subsequent Nobel prize* it will earn.

MTG is clearly a fruitloop, but there's no evidence that she (or Trump) lacks a "soul" any more than the rest of us.

*=certainly if anyone was able to prove the existence of souls it would be a remarkable discovery worthy of the prestige of a Nobel prize, though I'm not sure which discipline would be most appropriate for such a discovery.

GS250

Ohhh..kay. Go on?

Kamala Harris is probably just left of centre in UK politics. However in the USA she is seen by some as being on the cusp of Marxism.

Both her and Biden have heavily played the identity politics card to appeal to the electorate. That's possibly why some have accused her of being Marxist?

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I look forward to the publication of this thesis on the existence of the "soul", and the subsequent Nobel prize* it will earn.

MTG is clearly a fruitloop, but there's no evidence that she (or Trump) lacks a "soul" any more than the rest of us.

*=certainly if anyone was able to prove the existence of souls it would be a remarkable discovery worthy of the prestige of a Nobel prize, though I'm not sure which discipline would be most appropriate for such a discovery.a
Let this be the first step - I'm prepared to accept the Nobel Prize posthumously. I'll arrange for Bobby Dylan to collect it for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.