• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Joke Announcement at Littlehampton during Slam Door stock farewell tour 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
When browsing YouTube this morning I came across this bizarre and funny announcement made at Littlehampton during "The Sussex Slammer" railtour in November 2005.

I wish we had Eurostars up in the Valleys! Putting this on here on the off chance that someone has any memories of this railtour, I'd love to know why such an announcement was made, it just seems so random!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEFAN

Established Member
That was a fun day out, it was quite chilly! The train ran direct from London Bridge. I recall that a couple of elderly ladies boarded by accident there, thinking it was the Tonbridge train. Luckily they sussed out that something was not quite right before we departed!

The Southern Belle tour from Ramsgate also had joke announcements loaded into the system. I believe it was announced as a Eurostar service to Paris Gare du Nord at Bournemouth.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Martin Loader (hondawanderer) has a image of this tour on the approach to Arundel (link below) en-route to Littlehampton. 4-VEP 3514 in the middle is immediately identifable by way of being in Southern livery; slammers in Southern colors always stand out, especially when surrounded by the ones still in ex-Connex colours (much like seeing a Class 303 in SPT Carmine/Cream in relation to the then-remaining SPTE Orange/Black examples, but I digress lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.