• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kintore (KTR) routeing mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB_B

Established Member
As far as I can tell passenger services from Kintore (KTR) started on 15 Oct but it doesn't seem to have been added to the routeing guide.

There's a single reference in the routeing guide data in the locations file to map its NLC but it still doesn't have any routeing points associated with it (for those familiar with the public-facing routeing guide - that means it doesn't have any pink pages entry.) You wouldn't expect it to be a routeing point but, for completeness, it's neither a routeing point nor a RP group member.

Similarly, no distances for KTR are defined in the electronic distance data and it doesn't appear in the new stations file.

My question is: how are online journey planners validating non-direct journeys from KTR - for example, to Dumfries ? Presumably these must rely on mapped routes and/or the shortest route rule.

Also, the fares you'd expect to have set from KTR by LNER still seem to be missing ( so, for example, there's nothing for ECML destinations in England + e.g. Norwich, Brighton, Ramsgate) - are those fares on their way?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I can't speak for other journey planners but for FastJP, for the purposes of the routeing check we just ignore any station that don't exist in the routeing guide, so the routeing check starts from Dyce (the station after Kintore) instead. Of course there needs to be some fares defined from the origin station or it would't work. But when working with RDG data you often need to be quite error-tolerant...

JB_B

Established Member
I can't speak for other journey planners but for FastJP, for the purposes of the routeing check we just ignore any station that don't exist in the routeing guide, so the routeing check starts from Dyce (the station after Kintore) instead. Of course there needs to be some fares defined from the origin station or it would't work. But when working with RDG data you often need to be quite error-tolerant...

OK - thanks, Paul - I can see that's a sensible approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.