• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kirkdale Depot - Best place to view it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

03_179

Established Member
Hi all,

Not having been to the area and not knowing it at all, where is the best place to view stock at Kirkdale

Best place to view and photo from?
Also safety being there with camera kit?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

03_179

Established Member
That's quite a good view.

Depending on the other halfs health in the morning I may do a trip up there.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Is it worth going to the overbridge ( which is right next to Bank Hall station ) in the background of that picture, or is the parapet too high? The middle section of it appears to be lower than the end sections?

Google Streetview link below:

mwmbwls

Is it worth going to the overbridge ( which is right next to Bank Hall station ) in the background of that picture, or is the parapet too high? The middle section of it appears to be lower than the end sections?
Yes but new buildings have been erected since my 2012 image. You can also get good shots of Sandhills junction if you cross the road.

Stadler's operations base at Kirkdale Mersey Rail Depot. by Mwmbwls, on Flickr

Sandhills Junction looking towards Liverpool - the Southport line diverges to the right whilst trains to Kirkby and Ormskirk run under the bridge the photographer is standing upon by Mwmbwls, on Flickr

03_179

Established Member
Thanks to all.

Sadly the trip depended on the wife feeling better this morning but she isn't.

One for another weekend or taking a day off me thinks :)

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.