• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lapford station in N gauge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
The van. Although I’d happily have more 37s too!
Can never have too many Nose Peds, but would you consider a Frogeye? Perhaps another Hawker plying it's trade, maybe a Fridge for freight specifically?

Can't really go wrong with a pair of Roller Skates, but not sure how common that was in Devon.

Do you need anymore Dobbins for shunting?

I'm sure a Blue Bleep, suitably weathered wouldn't go amiss, popular class that they were. I know you also saw Pedal Carts, but rather underpowered. More Beancans, possibly the Slimline versions, but you've got a lovely one already with the lit-up headcode.

If you're looking for something in the passenger department are units too modern for you? Would you consider a Greenhouse, or would it have to be a Bouncy Castle?

Finally, while very out of area, the 'visiting railtour' excuse might permit a Talc Dispenser to finish up?

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Can never have too many Nose Peds, but would you consider a Frogeye? Perhaps another Hawker plying it's trade, maybe a Fridge for freight specifically?

Can't really go wrong with a pair of Roller Skates, but not sure how common that was in Devon.

Do you need anymore Dobbins for shunting?

I'm sure a Blue Bleep, suitably weathered wouldn't go amiss, popular class that they were. I know you also saw Pedal Carts, but rather underpowered. More Beancans, possibly the Slimline versions, but you've got a lovely one already with the lit-up headcode.

If you're looking for something in the passenger department are units too modern for you? Would you consider a Greenhouse, or would it have to be a Bouncy Castle?

Finally, while very out of area, the 'visiting railtour' excuse might permit a Talc Dispenser to finish up?
I always thought I was up on 80s nicknames but 60% of the above has gone right over my head. Talc Dispensers,Blue Bleeps,Nose Peds,Frogeyes and Roller Skates,WTF?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I always thought I was up on 80s nicknames but 60% of the above has gone right over my head. Talc Dispensers,Blue Bleeps,Nose Peds,Frogeyes and Roller Skates,WTF?
Talc Dispenser - Deltics because of the classic white exhaust

Blue Bleeps - 50s, because they turned out in blue and were the first locos to have vigilance (hence 'bleep')

Nose Peds - 37s, same engines as 'Peds' (31s, short for 'Pedestrian') but longer nose

Frogeyes - 37s with split headcode boxes. 'Kermits' was another name in a similar vein.

Roller Skates - 20s, shaped like roller Skates and better as a pair

;)

Last edited:

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Talc Dispenser - Deltics because of the classic white exhaust

Blue Bleeps - 50s, because they turned out in blue and were the first locos to have vigilance (hence 'bleep')

Nose Peds - 37s, same engines as 'Peds' (31s, short for 'Pedestrian') but longer nose

Frogeyes - 37s with split headcode boxes. 'Kermits' was another name in a similar vain.

Roller Skates - 20s, shaped like roller Skates and better as a pair

;)
Thank you,I’m now more informed than I was. As for Deltics they dispensed more oil than talc as displayed on my face on many occasions!
I always thought Ped was short for Pedal Car.