• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds - Lancaster - Morecambe cut back to skipton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken H

On Moderation
Was on Skipton stn yesterday and saw a train from Morecambe terminate. Looked at real time trains this morning and they are all cut back to Skipton. But the timetables on the Northern site have the full Leeds-Morecambe service.
What's going on? And for how long?

Long old walk from platform 3 to plat 1...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Was on Skipton stn yesterday and saw a train from Morecambe terminate. Looked at real time trains this morning and they are all cut back to Skipton. But the timetables on the Northern site have the full Leeds-Morecambe service.
What's going on? And for how long?

Long old walk from platform 3 to plat 1...
Engineering work at Leeds station, meaning two thirds of the station is shut. Only a handful of services from the Airedale and Wharfedale lines are able to run. Services should be back to normal from 4 January.

Northern's website contains details of amended timetables due to engineering works, including for this line. But I usually find it easier to use a journey planner, as this incorporates any amendments.

Dr Hoo

Established Member
I'm afraid so :)
I'm confused. Surely we should be welcoming significant investment in completing the re-modelling and signalling upgrade at Leeds station to deliver the full capacity and performance benefits of Platform 0 through maximising parallel working and optimising acceptance of trains?

skyhigh

Established Member
It's a bloody nuisance when they do that.
At least you still have some direct trains through to Leeds from Skipton, unlike users on the Harrogate line where the only option is a bus from Horsforth-Leeds.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I'm confused. Surely we should be welcoming significant investment in completing the re-modelling and signalling upgrade at Leeds station to deliver the full capacity and performance benefits of Platform 0 through maximising parallel working and optimising acceptance of trains?

I shall welcome it being finished !

At least you still have some direct trains through to Leeds from Skipton, unlike users on the Harrogate line where the only option is a bus from Horsforth-Leeds.

Yes, I should be grateful for that !

NRE is saying there's a bus from Leeds to Wakefield at 23:30. Do I trust it to turn up !

Bigman

If I understand it correctly, A and B roads at Leeds are OOU and as trains to/from Harrogate cannot get across to C or D roads they had to be chopped. Reduced service required on the U/D Skipton due to conflicts with the Bradford/Wakefield trains at Whitehall Jcn.

skyhigh

Established Member
If I understand it correctly, A and B roads at Leeds are OOU and as trains to/from Harrogate cannot get across to C or D roads they had to be chopped.
It's actually A, B, C and D blocked at Leeds. Platforms 1-8 and 10 are shut with the only departures from 9 in the York direction. So yes, it's not possible to get to Harrogate at the moment and the station is quite constrained with only E and F lines open.

Bigman

It's actually A, B, C and D blocked at Leeds. Platforms 1-8 and 10 are shut with the only departures from 9 in the York direction. So yes, it's not possible to get to Harrogate at the moment and the station is quite constrained with only E and F lines open.
Thanks for the correction. I didn't realise so many roads/platforms were OOU.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If I understand it correctly, A and B roads at Leeds are OOU and as trains to/from Harrogate cannot get across to C or D roads they had to be chopped. Reduced service required on the U/D Skipton due to conflicts with the Bradford/Wakefield trains at Whitehall Jcn.
C&D roads are also out of action from Leeds West Jn.

John C

It was quite a rare experience taking a class 333 Skipton service out of Leeds from platform 16 on Monday, some services are not stopping at all stations after Shipley and stop only at Bingley, Keighley and Skipton (or certainly the 09:41 that I was on was all stops from Leeds to Shipley then semi fast to Skipton) with intermediate stations requiring a change onto the following Bradford-Skipton service.

Status
Not open for further replies.