• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to Milton Keynes Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanthiaceae

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to work out if my proposed journey is valid, and while I think I know the answer the complexity of the rules and routing maps mean I'm not at all confident.

I have a ticket to travel from Leeds to Milton Keynes Central on Wednesday (28th July). I have a super off-peak return, restriction code 1L, travel via any permitted route (it cost £140.20, if it helps!)

I was going to come home from MK on the 29th, but a slight change of plan so what I now want to do is:
- travel from MK to Birmingham on the evening of the 28th
- then travel Birmingham to Leeds on the 29th

Is this valid with my existing ticket? Is there any time issues Iight get caught out by?

If it's not, what's my best option? Ultimately I could just buy a return between MK and Birmingham and do my return via Milton Keynes, but for obvious reasons I'd rather not.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yep, it's absolutely valid

If you wish to do do this again and go via London on your outward portion and via Birmingham on the return, you would be better off with the "Not via London" (£113.30) and paying the excess on the outward portion to "+Any Permitted" which would cost half the difference (£13.45), thus saving you £13.45

Status
Not open for further replies.