• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lincoln to London direct services

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, I may be going to Lincolnshire in August, does anyone know if the direct trains by either East Midlands Trains or LNER, will be running by then.? (I Presume the LNER Services are the trains that used to run between LGX & Newark North Gate) Therefore are they likely to be shorter than the longer distance LNER Trains.? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

They LNER trains appear to be reintroduced from 7th June. They are currently starting at Peterborough due to the King’s Cross works.

Established Member
As the post above says LNER will re-introduce the full timetable from 7th June which will give a mostly 2 hourly LNER service again. These are like you say extensions of the former Newark services and are mostly operated by 5 car class 800's.

East Midland Railway's Lincoln services are still running (although only towards London) and will increase to 2 southbound trips from the timetable change. These are extensions of the normal Nottingham - London service so depart Lincoln at 0614 and 0640 with the evening return at 2034. Unlike LNER, the EMR services only run on weekdays.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
OK, thank you. Hopefully I will be able to use the direct LNER Services then.

I had forgotten about all the works this year around KGX and further up the line too, (Around Peterborough?) I know there are works scheduled for May, June & July. Will this carry on into August, week days, I wonder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.