• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTDARL

LNER kings cross depot recruiting for trainee (apprentice) train drivers as of 6/1/22.

Mod note - I have combined Leeds & Kings Cross together into one thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Frankie4763

Does anyone know what the final salary is? The application asks for an expected salary, don’t want to look greedy!

Economist

I think it comes in at around £74700 including London weighting, Sundays inside the working week. I've read that Kings Cross have quite a few night shifts due to taking stock ECS to/from Bounds Green depot.

Does anyone know if they plan on taking qualifieds any time soon? I'd be tempted by the idea of a move over to one of their depots further north but I'm aware that a lot of their recruitment is through their Trainee Driver Apprenticeship programme.

Frankie4763

About £72k
Thanks

I think it comes in at around £74700 including London weighting, Sundays inside the working week. I've read that Kings Cross have quite a few night shifts due to taking stock ECS to/from Bounds Green depot.

Does anyone know if they plan on taking qualifieds any time soon? I'd be tempted by the idea of a move over to one of their depots further north but I'm aware that a lot of their recruitment is through their Trainee Driver Apprenticeship programme.
Thanks!

cwjohnstone

Might explain why they recruited for Training Delivery Managers last month. I've applied for that one, something I've always wanted to do.

Good luck to all who apply, there'll be a lot of competition for this. PM me if you want any guidance or help...

Sirgerbil

At KX we do -

Sundays inside.
Regular nights. (usually can be swapped for those who like nights)
Spare movements are unlike any other depot, can be a bit brutal.
We have 3 full-time links and some part-time, but you will go into the spare link on passing out until a space arises in link 2.
Sign two traction (unless T-bird link), and sign Newcastle, Leeds, Lincoln as standard. Diversionary's optional.

DoubleO

Might explain why they recruited for Training Delivery Managers last month. I've applied for that one, something I've always wanted to do.

Good luck to all who apply, there'll be a lot of competition for this. PM me if you want any guidance or help...
I've applied for this too, have you heard anything?

Elrey

Hi, I've just done the assesments, I had 3 to do:

Train driver questions
Error Checking
Verbal Reasoning 1

Was there anymore you had to do? Just wondering, as I don't think I passed Verbal Reasoning...

tlionhart

At KX we do -

Sundays inside.
Regular nights. (usually can be swapped for those who like nights)
Spare movements are unlike any other depot, can be a bit brutal.
We have 3 full-time links and some part-time, but you will go into the spare link on passing out until a space arises in link 2.
Sign two traction (unless T-bird link), and sign Newcastle, Leeds, Lincoln as standard. Diversionary's optional.
What is your spare agreement?
I’m guessing they can change your shifts drastically? For instance an original booked turn was 13:00 till 21:30. But moving you at short notice and huge time variations. So from 13:00, a change to 0800?

A351

Anyone else still waiting for a DMI from the 2020 application?
Last update was last year saying they had focused recruitment on the North of the network first, but I was still on file…

Sirgerbil

What is your spare agreement?
I’m guessing they can change your shifts drastically? For instance an original booked turn was 13:00 till 21:30. But moving you at short notice and huge time variations. So from 13:00, a change to 0800?
Basically this, if your booked spare for the week (remembering we do up to 7 days rostered on the trot on some lines in the link) you can and will be constant minimum rest time going from lates to earlies visa versus where allowed.

A lot of people just see the money on the east coast. Our T&C’s compared to the majority of other TOC’s are pretty crap and I would seriously suggest doing your research before coming over if you are already qualified.

utternoob

Websites extremely sluggish taking forever to complete application.

closed now

Last edited:

polaris324

Websites extremely sluggish taking forever to complete application.
Same here. Just tried the practice questions on the Error Checking test and taking ages to load each question. I won't proceed to the full test until it's back to normal

utternoob

ffs was about upload CV then i see the status: applications no longer been accepted.

Getting 503 Errors now as well

And vacancies closed:(:'(:'(:'(

Last edited:

Javelin_55

Had just bargained with the wife for a couple of hours locked away in the spare room. Absolutely gutted. Next time maybe.

Tysoe

Tried to do error checking test and only got 3 questions done before it kicked me out:'(
Have replied to their email to see if i can be reset but not holding out much hope. Took 2 and half minutes to load 3/50 questions so imagine traffic must've been very high.

steviebuk

Basically this, if your booked spare for the week (remembering we do up to 7 days rostered on the trot on some lines in the link) you can and will be constant minimum rest time going from lates to earlies visa versus where allowed.

A lot of people just see the money on the east coast. Our T&C’s compared to the majority of other TOC’s are pretty crap and I would seriously suggest doing your research before coming over if you are already qualified.
Thanks for the advice..

Corin_VL

ffs was about upload CV then i see the status: applications no longer been accepted.

Getting 503 Errors now as well

And vacancies closed:(:'(:'(:'(
is it seriously already closed? been trying to get on the website for about 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.