• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dieseldriver

Have to agree with a lot of comments regarding those asking for the interview questions. When any TOC puts you in a cab, they're placing a significant responsibility on your shoulders and would you want your friends and family on a train who is being driven by someone who has passed the assessment partially because they've found out exactly what HR and the driver managers want to hear?

The process is designed in a way that you either have what they're looking for or you don't. I understand that it's upsetting especially considering that it's a highly paid position but that seems to have worked against the grade in recent years, particularly when it comes to attitude and entitlement. Sorry if this seems harsh but it's just how things are. The recent operational incident stats speak for themselves in my opinion. I stress the aforementioned "opinion."

I'll now duck for cover.
Probably the best post in this entire thread.
People really need to appreciate that this is a professional 70k career with quite high stakes.

Kps121

hi I am new on the site. Was wondering if anyone knows a rough time frame of when they get back to you after you complete the video interview.

What would the next step be for those that are successful in the interview?
You'll get an invite to the driver manager interview, if you are successful there you'll go and do your psychometric assessment, should you pass that you'll have to do your medical, should you pass that you start your training which is 52 weeks(ish) which will be done in the academy at York and whichever depot you applied for.

Traindriver99

hi I am new on the site. Was wondering if anyone knows a rough time frame of when they get back to you after you complete the video interview.
Hello. How long did it take to invite you for the interview after completing the verbal reasoning test? 1 day?

Tommy_13

Hello. How long did it take to invite you for the interview after completing the verbal reasoning test? 1 day?
I finished my online assessments on Friday and got invited for a video interview on Monday.

Been so busy but day off today so gonna get it done soon!

Traindriver99

I finished my online assessments on Friday and got invited for a video interview on Monday.

Been so busy but day off today so gonna get it done soon!

Hi yes the next day I received a text message informing me about it and to check my email.

Took two days for me
I know that some tend to receive emails on the dashboard of your personal page on Lner and ask you to complete the test. I personlly did not get any emails on the email box of the dashboard, but only, on the other section of the dashboard, a message to say "thank you for taking all the tests". I did not even get a confermation saying something like "thank you for applying for the role we have received your application". Is it something that I have to worry about? I did not get anything on my personal email neither about the confermation that my application has been received. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaytrains

I know that some tend to receive emails on the dashboard of your personal page on Lner and ask you to complete the test. I personlly did not get any emails on the email box of the dashboard, but only, on the other section of the dashboard, a message to say "thank you for taking all the tests". I did not even get a confermation saying something like "thank you for applying for the role we have received your application". Is it something that I have to worry about? I did not get anything on my personal email neither about the confermation that my application has been received. Thanks

Maybe you gave them the wrong email

Traindriver99

When did you complete your assessments?
Did you do all 3 of them?

Im sure you'll get something, everyone's time frames may not necessarily all be the same.
I completed all the assessment yesterday night. The only feedback I have got on my dashboard, not as email , is that I have been invited for test 1, 2 , 3 that I did yesterday and messages where they say thanksfor completing the test. No feedback/email about my application overall received or other email...

WombleGuard

I completed all the assessment yesterday night. The only feedback I have got on my dashboard, not as email , is that I have been invited for test 1, 2 , 3 that I did yesterday and messages where they say thanksfor completing the test. No feedback/email about my application overall received or other email...
Spam folder?

MintyMango

You'll get an invite to the driver manager interview, if you are successful there you'll go and do your psychometric assessment, should you pass that you'll have to do your medical, should you pass that you start your training which is 52 weeks(ish) which will be done in the academy at York and whichever depot you applied for.

For those who live in London, is it expected that you commute to York or do you have to sort out accommodation or is that sorted for you, etc?

TreacleMiller

Like you I got nothing when I finished all the tests, nothing to confirm I'd done all 3. I finished last night and got my video interview invite this morning.

You've either passed that stage or you haven't.

I'd limit your posts and wait. You're coming across as desperate or extremely anxious.

Tommy_13

Just finished my video interview, first one was a bit weird/awkward for me as I've never done something like that before but overall it was fine once you get talking.

Good luck people.

Corin_VL

Does anyone know roughly, I know it’ll be different for everyone, how long after the video interview you will receive a response? Did my video interview yesterday morning

Traindriver99

Like you I got nothing when I finished all the tests, nothing to confirm I'd done all 3. I finished last night and got my video interview invite this morning.

You've either passed that stage or you haven't.

I'd limit your posts and wait. You're coming across as desperate or extremely anxious.
Absolutely not anxious at all.

Absolutely not anxious at all.
Surely you're a little anxious, it's a great opportunity!

I got both an email and text and I had to wait hours. They're probably getting through a load of applications. If you haven't had a rejection then you're probably going to get an invite

Javelin_55

during question 1 I lost my internet connection and by the time it came back on it said I had run out of time for that question.
Gutted! I have emailed recruitment to ask if there is any way I can now answer that question because with 5 out of 6 answered, my application will certainly go in the bin!
I didn't realise the videos are saved locally to your device, mine ran out of space on the first answer and couldn't save it! The browser then automatically refreshed and took me back to the LNER homepage. Logged in on my backup phone but when I got in it said I had run out of time. Really kicking myself as the rest of my answers I felt good about.

I will email recruitment but don't rate my chances. All I can do is hope the rest of my answers are enough.

Update: it turns out the device DID save it, just didn't upload it for some reason. File size is in line with the submitted ones so can't think what went wrong. Sent in an attachment to recruitment along with a plea for mercy :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.