• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I did the video interview yesterday and you get 30 seconds to prepare your answer. You choose when to reveal the next question and start that timer. You actually get 3 minutes answering time after the 30 second prep time is over. There's an option for a second attempt on each question if you want to re-record.
Ah, so 3 minutes for the answer not 10?
Good if that’s so because I was wondering how I was going to talk for nearly 10 minutes to answer a question. That’s near a full blown presentation!
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MeatAndTwoMeg

Good if that’s so because I was wondering how I was going to talk for nearly 10 minutes to answer a question. That’s near a full blown presentation!
Thanks
Yes, that is definitely the structure. I understand the concern! Even so, you can stop recording at any time. It's definitely more forgiving than I expected, but still tricky to speak naturally to a camera. Good luck with it, the questions are predicable if you have done your research on the role.

Nuttygooner

Thanks

Besides, even if it was 10 minutes, it doesn't mean you *have* to use 10 minutes.

Yes, that is definitely the structure. I understand the concern! Even so, you can stop recording at any time. It's definitely more forgiving than I expected, but still tricky to speak naturally to a camera. Good luck with it, the questions are predicable if you have done your research on the role.
Excellent. Thank you mate, I’ll be giving it a crack tomorrow.

D Rivers

You get 10 minutes to record upto 3 minutes for each question. So in theory you get 7 minutes prep time then 3 to record.

iwasyoungonce

you get 30 seconds to read the question, record up to a 3 min answer then review your answer submit it or re record it again but your second answer is final and submits automatically when the times up

Sparkynm

When I did it Wednesday it was 10mins to read the question prep and answer the answer could be up to 3mins long.

jubilee_line

My prep time was 30 seconds as well. I feel like I would have given better answers with more prep time, so I hope those users are mistaken about having 10 minutes! I prepped before the interview, but it would have been nice to have 10 minutes to tailor my example to the specific wording used.

Sabali

From 10 mins to 30secs??? That is wild

But tbf I guess they want it to stimulate a interview setting. Cause technically if you're asked a question in real time you ain't taking 10 mins to answer.

Chippychips

Yep 6 in total and kings cross
Oh ok. This may cause an issue amongst some candidates.
I didn't get through the first hurdle but I can imagine those who had 30 secs would feel hard done by those who had 10 minutes to prepare for each question.

Best of luck to everyone still in the race!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Wait...Is Leeds and London one resource team doing ALL applications? Surely not

Almost certainly is one centralised team. Recruitment teams at most TOCs are not in very high numbers. This is partly why things can take months, even years.

Sabali

Ommmmmmmg!! That's insane...yeah you confirmed my theory haha! Makes perfect perfect sense. The volume will be at an all time high

Sparkynm

I did the Leeds interview and I had the 10mins time so it looks like it could be 10mins for the Leeds job and 30sec for kings cross maybe?

Ergomy

It was most certainly 30 seconds for me at Leeds, so I really couldn't tell you why some got 10 minutes.

Out of sight, out of mind I say lol
Certainly agree! Choosing not to stress over this and seeing what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.