• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Newcastle (09/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBFC345

From speaking to other LNER drivers at Newcastle, they need another 40 drivers from 2 more recruitment drives for 2023, taking on 20 drivers from each recruitment driver

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ja88l

Congratulations to everyone who have progressed so far.

Has anyone else recently received an email placing you in the talent pool for 6 months due to fulfilling the Newcastle allocation? I haven't progressed any further that the 6 x video questions so a little frustrating to be 4 months on but I guess my name is still there for now and anything can still happen.
I haven’t heard a thing since March, since they said they were working hard to get through all applications. Sent a couple of emails with no response.

Snitch123

Hello,

Just looking for a little inside knowledge.

I was placed into a talent pool and will be offered an interview if there are to be new courses announced within the next 6 months. I received this email in June and therefore still have around 4 month to wait for any possible news. I was wondering if anyone knew who are on courses now or working for LNER if there would be any possibility of further courses being announced before the end of the year? As the email does also state at the end of the 6 months I would have to re-apply like normal for any future opportunities.

Defty27

Hello,

I was placed into a talent pool and will be offered an interview if there are to be new courses announced within the next 6 months. I received this email in June and therefore still have around 4 month to wait for any possible news. I was wondering if anyone knew who are on courses now or working for LNER if there would be any possibility of further courses being announced before the end of the year? As the email does also state at the end of the 6 months I would have to re-apply like normal for any future opportunities.
What stage did you get too in the process before receiving your email?

MeatAndTwoMeg

Hello,

I don't have any insider knowledge, but am one of the candidates waiting to be placed on a course. When I asked the people resourcing department for an update they just said that they are working through course date changes and will be in touch when they have more info. Not much help I'm afraid.

Snitch123

I don't have any insider knowledge, but am one of the candidates waiting to be placed on a course. When I asked the people resourcing department for an update they just said that they are working through course date changes and will be in touch when they have more info. Not much help I'm afraid.
Thank you for the response and congratulations! Hopefully you’ll be on a course soon!

Perhaps there moving some courses to next year? Hopefully I’ll get a chance of an interview at least.

JamesGareth

Hey everyone, I take it from the radio silence no one is any wiser?

Has anyone sent an email recently? I’m trying to be conservative and limit my emails to one per month but I don’t want to start to annoy the recruiters/HR as I’m sure they will update us as soon as they can.

October goes into the 5th month since I passed the psychometric testing. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

MeatAndTwoMeg

Hi, I still haven't had any news on course dates either. I haven't sent them anything since July as they assured me that they will be in touch as soon as they have an update.

I'm fortunate to have progressed through selection with another TOC, so hopeful that one of them will eventually send me a course date.

Last edited:

StuM

Hi, I still haven't had any news on course dates either. I haven't sent them anything since July as they assured me that they will be in touch as soon as they have an update.

I'm fortunate to have progressed through selection with another TOC, so hopeful that one of them will eventually send me a course date.
Yeah absolutely nothing here either, despite LNER advertising for trainee train drivers again a few weeks ago!

I applied for the Nexus Metro vacancies they advertised last month and have my Vienna tests and MMI left to do. If I pass and get offered a start by Nexus then it's 1 less person in the talent pool for LNER. It's a shame, but Nexus have been swift and I will go with whoever offers me the first start.

SarahDee

Yeah absolutely nothing here either, despite LNER advertising for trainee train drivers again a few weeks ago!

I applied for the Nexus Metro vacancies they advertised last month and have my Vienna tests and MMI left to do. If I pass and get offered a start by Nexus then it's 1 less person in the talent pool for LNER. It's a shame, but Nexus have been swift and I will go with whoever offers me the first start.
Where did LNER advertise for trainee driver recently as I'm signed up for their alerts but never seem to get anything. Didn't see anything of this forum about it either so not sure if I'm missing something. Thank you in advance!

StuM

Where did LNER advertise for trainee driver recently as I'm signed up for their alerts but never seem to get anything. Didn't see anything of this forum about it either so not sure if I'm missing something. Thank you in advance!
Hi Sarah, I got an email notification about it. I didn't go on the website to confirm due to supposedly being in the 'talent pool' for the next steps but I 100% got the job alert email.

mechanic2

Had there been a recent LNER apprentice driver job for Newcastle posted earlier than February?

SarahDee

Hi Sarah, I got an email notification about it. I didn't go on the website to confirm due to supposedly being in the 'talent pool' for the next steps but I 100% got the job alert email.
Blooming 'eck! Thanks for confirming, better double check my alerts again!

mechanic2

Is this the most recent LNER Newcastle recruitment or has there been another since Feb?

JamesGareth

Had my medical yesterday, all went well except the ECG flagged up some abnormalities which need to be looked at by a cardiologist. Anyone else had anything similar?

baz962

Established Member
Had my medical yesterday, all went well except the ECG flagged up some abnormalities which need to be looked at by a cardiologist. Anyone else had anything similar?
I can't remember exactly but I have seen on this forum somewhere before, people having had this. Try the search function or even start a thread about it. I'm pretty sure a few people had this and all ends up ok .

Chippychips

I had something like this quite recently, but it was to do with my BMI as im quite slim/slender.
Cant remember the exact wording but the guy said because for my height I dont have the usual typical layers of fat/meat around my body, the electronic readings appear to be abnormal as theres no fat/meat acting as insulation to absorb the electronic pulses being measured basically...
In the end it was fine and they made a note of it. I dont know if youre a larger guy or normal or slightly below in terms of BMI.
But that was my experience.

Jb87

I have recently passed the assessments and got to interview, interviews to take place within the next month. If anyone has got any experience of this, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

AG1994

I have recently passed the assessments and got to interview, interviews to take place within the next month. If anyone has got any experience of this, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
It’s a DMI, hundreds (if not thousands) of posts on here about them. They’re fairly generic.

Daveym19

No nothing mate.suppose we should hear something any day soon?

Just got an email, have you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.