• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Leeds & Doncaster (09/05/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Can all those affected by the lack of updates from LNER since June (below), please update this thread with any further updates? I'll do the same.

Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver (Leeds & Doncaster Depot), reference 1227
We are currently busy working through applications and working as fast as we can to get back to you.

We will be in contact as soon as we can with an update on your application.

What exactly are you expecting? They’ve indicated they’ll get back to you when they can.

You aren’t owed a response. Consider applying elsewhere while you wait….

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It is not about being positive or negative. It is about let them know if we are successful or not. It is not a 'game' to wait ages for no reason. On the plate there is our life time, and we cannot spend ages to wait for something where we don't know if it is not successful or not only because they don't let us know anything after a consistent amount of time. They should reply to everyone who are still on the steps, rather than not let us know

Can please someone who will start the course in October ask to the trainer/recruiter what is the destiny for those who have been stuck on the video interview without having any response but only the message ''we are working as soon as possible" ect? I am sure that the recruiters know that since july at least! It is just that they have forgotten/they didn't consider important tell them the outcome!
You have to understand that the HR department is very small, and if they were to personally reply to each email it would take an impossible amount of man hours.

The trainers don’t have anything to do with recruitment. They’re there to train you in all aspects of train driving. That’s their job. Asking a trainer to find out about your personal application is like asking your postman to tell you about next-doors water bill - they won’t know anything about it or have any means to press the issue and if they were to do that for you, then they would have to do that for potentially thousands of other applicants.

If you’re lucky enough to have come through the application hurdles and have successfully completed your medical then wait out. If you’re at the first stages and you don’t hear anything or after 8 weeks then apply somewhere else.

Last edited:

foxc01

What exactly are you expecting? They’ve indicated they’ll get back to you when they can.

You aren’t owed a response. Consider applying elsewhere while you wait….
Of course I'm not owed a response, my post didn't even hint at that.

I was merely asking that those who have applied within this thread to keep the others who have also applied updated with any further correspondence that they receive from LNER. As will I do.

That email is the only contact I have had from LNER as well. I check this forum fairly regularly but haven't felt as compulsive about checking the emails as I'm more of the mindset that I don't expect to hear anything

Thanks Sarah, same here.

seapacific

Does anyone know of a customer service number for LNER related to this problem of having no correspondence?
Thanks.

foxc01

Does anyone know of a customer service number for LNER related to this problem of having no correspondence?
Thanks.
There isn't one, we're not customers. Like the rest of us, you'll need to wait to either hear from LNER directly, or keep checking on here to see if anybody has received further updates that you might not have received yourself.

foxc01

Update - email received today to say this vacancy from last year (Leeds & Doncaster 1227) won't be kept open as they're not recruiting in Yorkshire for apprentice drivers this year.

No surprise really, this is purely information for those interested.

TreacleMiller

There's a major backlog on training right now when it comes to getting hours in on units. More apprentices than available instructors!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Update - email received today to say this vacancy from last year (Leeds & Doncaster 1227) won't be kept open as they're not recruiting in Yorkshire for apprentice drivers this year.

No surprise really, this is purely information for those interested.

Thank you for the update.

For now this thread will be closed, although if anyone has any additional and differing updates, please "Report" this post to notify a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.