• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Leeds & Doncaster (09/05/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sparkynm

After not hearing anything back for weeks after video interview I Received an email this morning saying they are busy working through applications and will be in touch as soon as… so hopefully all the positions haven’t been filled and they are still working their way through.

NMB326610

After not hearing anything back for weeks after video interview I Received an email this morning saying they are busy working through applications and will be in touch as soon as… so hopefully all the positions haven’t been filled and they are still working their way through.
Have just received the same email

North Sussex

Same here, at least its an update. Stay positive everyone!

SteveL9

After reading this I wondered if I'd got the same email, checked and I have! Hopefully as others have said this means progress.

foxc01

I haven't heard a thing and nothing on the portal... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :rolleyes:
Have you checked your personal spam folder? Also, it's not glaringly obvious on the portal - it should be under the 'My Progress Updates', it should say 'Recent Emails - 1' next to that section

Trainstop1

Have you checked your personal spam folder? Also, it's not glaringly obvious on the portal - it should be under the 'My Progress Updates', it should say 'Recent Emails - 1' next to that section
Yes mate I've tried all of that. Really hoping I haven't got lost in the system!

Hi,

Just a quick update.

I completed my online interview on 28th May and today I received an email which advised me to be patient as they are still working through the applications and will be in touch soon.

I applied for Leeds.

CDB1991

Just a quick update from myself..

I'm so excited to say that following my psychometrics last weekend, I have a medical date and will be heading for a start date on the August course provided I get through it.. It will honestly make such a difference to my family, I can't wait to get started!

For everyone still in the running, carry on being patient, no matter how difficult it seems! There are courses still to be run this year and early next year, so plenty of opportunities still out there! No news is always good news in the railway!

SarahDee

I'm so excited to say that following my psychometrics last weekend, I have a medical date and will be heading for a start date on the August course provided I get through it.. It will honestly make such a difference to my family, I can't wait to get started!

For everyone still in the running, carry on being patient, no matter how difficult it seems! There are courses still to be run this year and early next year, so plenty of opportunities still out there! No news is always good news in the railway!
Congrats, that's got to be the quickest process ever! Best of luck!

TreacleMiller

I haven't heard a thing and nothing on the portal... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing :rolleyes:

I'm on the training course and the portal still hasn't updated.

Pro tip - it doesn't update post video interviews. As soon as you are getting emails post that stage they don't appear.

foxc01

That's great news, congratulations - hope the med goes well!

Does anybody know if LNER will open more than one starting date for successful applicants for this apprenticeship opening? I assume @CDB1991 applied for the Leeds/Doncaster (1227) opening; in which case, August leaves little time for applicants to work notice if required. I'm also bearing in mind that @TreacleMiller mentioned there may be an October intake....

TreacleMiller

That's great news, congratulations - hope the med goes well!

Does anybody know if LNER will open more than one starting date for successful applicants for this apprenticeship opening? I assume @CDB1991 applied for the Leeds/Doncaster (1227) opening; in which case, August leaves little time for applicants to work notice if required. I'm also bearing in mind that @TreacleMiller mentioned there may be an October intake....

October / November I think.

August course is full I believe and has been for a bit save for people failing medicals etc. Which I know for a fact has happened.

The medical is always a rush for notice periods.

TreacleMiller

Colourblind, diabetes (that wasn't known about), hearing issues, blood pressure, balance issues etc. Heart issues on the ecg too.

I would advise not drinking caffeine as you'll be nervous enough (I was terrified) and that could impact blood pressure.

foxc01

October / November I think.

August course is full I believe and has been for a bit save for people failing medicals etc. Which I know for a fact has happened.

The medical is always a rush for notice periods.
Spot on. Thank you and hope your course is progressing well.

My mate has just put his 50 hours in on the Azuma and he’s looking forward to learning the 91 next week!

Traindriver99

Hello. Honestly I disagree regarding what you said that "no news is always good news". Lots of people here have applied more than 1 months ago, and few of them have already written on here that they have already done the psychometric test, while the rest have only received an email saying "we are working through your application and we would be back as soon as possible ". I know from two of my friends that when they received that email, they have received another one after few weeks saying that they were unsuccessful. We need to open our eye guys. When we see that someone is already 1-2 steps ahead of us(especially if he/she applied the same period of us) it means that we are out. I don't understand why Lner does not say immediately that we are unsuccessful instead of waiting ages, when some other candidates are already 1-2 steps ahead since weeks..

is there anyone that know the email of the recruitment team of Lner? Is it [email protected] and [email protected] ? Or perhaps is there anyone that has just started the course that can share some specific recruitment email of a specific person? Thanks.

NorthernTech

Colourblind, diabetes (that wasn't known about), hearing issues, blood pressure, balance issues etc. Heart issues on the ecg too.

I would advise not drinking caffeine as you'll be nervous enough (I was terrified) and that could impact blood pressure.
My resting heart rate was up in the early 50’s when I had mine, must have been a tad nervous 8-)

CDB1991

Hello. Honestly I disagree regarding what you said that "no news is always good news". Lots of people here have applied more than 1 months ago, and few of them have already written on here that they have already done the psychometric test, while the rest have only received an email saying "we are working through your application and we would be back as soon as possible ". I know from two of my friends that when they received that email, they have received another one after few weeks saying that they were unsuccessful. We need to open our eye guys. When we see that someone is already 1-2 steps ahead of us(especially if he/she applied the same period of us) it means that we are out. I don't understand why Lner does not say immediately that we are unsuccessful instead of waiting ages, when some other candidates are already 1-2 steps ahead since weeks..

is there anyone that know the email of the recruitment team of Lner? Is it [email protected] and [email protected] ? Or perhaps is there anyone that has just started the course that can share some specific recruitment email of a specific person? Thanks.
If you receive the 'unsuccessful' email, it is what it is.. if you don't hear anything it is good news, because as alluded to before by others, people fail medicals or drop out for any number of reasons, which then opens the door for someone else to fill the space..

The first email address is correct.. I'd suggest there is little point in sharing the direct email address of the recruitment person as this is kept private until you progress, which suggests it is kept this way for a reason i.e. avoid being spammed by thousands of people wanting updates on jobs..

Traindriver99

If you receive the 'unsuccessful' email, it is what it is.. if you don't hear anything it is good news, because as alluded to before by others, people fail medicals or drop out for any number of reasons, which then opens the door for someone else to fill the space..

The first email address is correct.. I'd suggest there is little point in sharing the direct email address of the recruitment person as this is kept private until you progress, which suggests it is kept this way for a reason i.e. avoid being spammed by thousands of people wanting updates on jobs..
Have you applied in the past for Lner more than once like some of my friends did, receiving the same email after few weeks having applied saying "we are working through and we will let yoh know as soon as possible" and then, after few weeks, another email saying "you have been unsuccessful"? If so ok, if not, trust me that the email "we will let you know as soon as possible ", at least for Lner, it is equivalent to unsuccessful. The early future would tell you that, CDB1. Come back on this post at the end of this month, and we will see if you were right or not. We would ask to each of the person that received the email "we are working through ect ect", and see the outcome. It is not about spam, as there is always in any email the chance to set the emails that need to go on spam so that they won't receive any junk emails. The point is being more interactive with us applicants. I have tried many times to contact them my email as well as by phone(the only telephone number avaiable is the one on the website and everytime they tell me "you need to contact by email "). They NEVER EVER answer by email, as far as I have experienced. The other rail companies at least they are more active and are involved with applicants by answering them by email or even by phone. With Lner it looks like they don't exist.

TreacleMiller

As I've said, its deliberately done.

12,000 applicants, let's say 10% get through to vidoes (it's more btw). That's 1200 lots of 15 min videos to watch. Add into that it's a part time team of 1/2 people and you can understand why they don't respond to every email of a potential candidate.

There is no way anyone will give out the direct email of the team and I can assure you even if you had it your message would still not get read.

Just because you were not in the first batch of people to progress to testing DOES NOT mean you are out. I applied in Janaury and wasn't contacted AT ALL until April. There were some who applied after me and got an interview months before I did, some of those folks are currently out doing their traction training.

Had I not already had a valid test result I would have been sent for testing and then potentially on the August course.

Be patient. Forget you've applied for now. It will either happen or it won't, if it doesn't, apply again.

Neither TPE, Northern or EMR ever answered emails when I asked. I'm still officially in Northerns talent pool and they still don't answer emails.

Last edited:

NorthernTech

Have you applied in the past for Lner more than once like some of my friends did, receiving the same email after few weeks having applied saying "we are working through and we will let yoh know as soon as possible" and then, after few weeks, another email saying "you have been unsuccessful"? If so ok, if not, trust me that the email "we will let you know as soon as possible ", at least for Lner, it is equivalent to unsuccessful. The early future would tell you that, CDB1. Come back on this post at the end of this month, and we will see if you were right or not. We would ask to each of the person that received the email "we are working through ect ect", and see the outcome. It is not about spam, as there is always in any email the chance to set the emails that need to go on spam so that they won't receive any junk emails. The point is being more interactive with us applicants. I have tried many times to contact them my email as well as by phone(the only telephone number avaiable is the one on the website and everytime they tell me "you need to contact by email "). They NEVER EVER answer by email, as far as I have experienced. The other rail companies at least they are more active and are involved with applicants by answering them by email or even by phone. With Lner it looks like they don't exist.
I’d say the more you keep messaging them for update, the more they will regard you as a pest. If you have sent a couple and got no reply then, as TreacleMiller said, they are likely very very busy and you will just need to wait.. you may be right that an unsuccessful message may come, but you also may get invited to test. Some of those invited currently will likely fail, and that will no doubt leave the door open for another group to be sent to test. Who knows? Only recruitment do, and they will let you know either way at some point. There are much worse TOC’s who don’t update you at all, no on hold emails, nothing.. But you need to just wait a while. Some people are progressing through some roles with other TOC’s and been slowly moving through for 2 or 3 years. It’s not great, but it is what it is.

SarahDee

It's easy to get frustrated with the process but it's not conducive. Is it possible your friends got the "be patient" email before their applications progressed beyond the initial stage and were then unsuccessful when their video interviews had been watched.

I think we are all conscious of the fact that the longer the process goes on the likelier it is that the positions will be filled by other successful applicants before we are even considered. But until I hear otherwise I'm going to remain optimistic that I still have a chance, however slim that may be. In a recruitment drive that attracts thousands of applications with minimal jobs available, the chance of success is slight even from the very beginning.

I was told by LNER that they would likely take on as many people as pass ... Yes some will get courses, some will get talent pool.
Only 1/300 is getting a course at the moment.
Not sure how many are getting offered the talent pool.
With the July course cancelled ... It will just push everyone back ... So more delays !

I would hate to have their inbox after a week away on holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.