• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER staff member Jason Ampleford, Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
For railway staff and enthusiasts who knew him I regret to advise that Station staff member Jason Ampleford died last week. He was 51.

Jason was a career railwayman who started as a freight guard at Blyth Cambois but has worked as station despatch staff at Durham for a number of years. An avid rail enthusiast and avaition geek, his friendly face and warm nature made him a very popular figure. He always took time to say hello and his positive encouragement towards his colleagues inspired many to take on higher roles across the network. His departure is a deep loss that will be felt at Durham and across the ECML for some considerable time.

Station staff at Durham are organising a collection for his family, and a collection pot has been left at Newcastle LNERs cash office and at TPEs signing on point. If you wish to make a donation and are unable to reach the collection pots please see a member of LNER staff at Durham or Newcastle and they will pass the donations on.

Alternatively you can use JustGiving, proceeds are being given to British Heart Foundation.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ferret

Established Member
Utterly gutted by this, as are many at XC. All the times I spoke to him, and I never knew he was a fellow avgeek‍

He was one of the very best, great customer service, always a friendly word for passing crews and customers alike. We shall miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.