• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER strike timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
These were posted this afternoon:

To summarise strike days:

One train per hour between London and Edinburgh

One train per hour between London and Leeds

Last service from Edinburgh to London 1230 with other last end to end services over the next three hours.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanNCL

Established Member
I think it would be a reasonable assumption that all services that do run will be 9 car 80xs.

westv

Established Member
I had an email not that long ago telling me my service on 23rd had been cancelled.
As the strike timetable is available for booking from Friday, am I correct in thinking that it will be "locked in" from then on even if the strike is called off?

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I had an email not that long ago telling me my service on 23rd had been cancelled.
As the strike timetable is available for booking from Friday, am I correct in thinking that it will be "locked in" from then on even if the strike is called off?
Yes, at the beginning of Friday there will only be two working days to go after all.

Forgive me, but it looks as though there's broadly 2tph northbound with a couple of gaps (0900 ex Kings X runs 20min earlier until York where it regains the XX55 path and there's no 1200 off Kings X), whilst southbound has 2tph from 0730 until 1100, then no 1130, a 1200 and 1230 then nothing until last train at 1430 for Tues/Thurs, whilst saturday is a mix of 2tph and 1tph

railfan99

Established Member
I am in Australia but a friend travelled yesterday (Saturday 25 June) from London to Durham and return, and was impressed how LNER managers or other office staff were serving refreshments in a first class car. He has a Eurailpass (accepted in UK since some time in 2019) and was very pleased with the catering and efficiency of the staff.

He told me patronage was lower than normal, probably because many prospective travellers perceived 'no trains would run'.

LNER still managed a half-hourly frequency. Hats off to it!

Allwinter_Kit

This is from LNER's website on Sunday. Only 1 train each way between Leeds and London it would appear? That'll be a fun service!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-182954_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-182954_Chrome.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 110

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
This is from LNER's website on Sunday. Only 1 train each way between Leeds and London it would appear? That'll be a fun service!
Frankly they'd be better off not providing any trains at all between Leeds and London if that's all they can muster up. I shudder to think how busy that train will be!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Frankly they'd be better off not providing any trains at all between Leeds and London if that's all they can muster up. I shudder to think how busy that train will be!

I know they have disadvantages normally, but it would make sense, if operating such low capacity, to actually enforce the alleged compulsory reservations (with an element of oversell using counted places). It's a shame the misuse of the term on planners to manage ticket sales has brought this into disrepute.

Andyh82

Established Member
The one train Leeds to London on Saturday is at 07:15, with the return from London at 17:03 by the way

Allwinter_Kit

Well, they released that so late (and it will be so rammed) that they achieved their objective. I'm now booked on a coach. Such joy.

I've been reading about no MK4 sets running on strike days, but on RTT for December 27th, it's showing multiple LNER services that are "Pathed as Electric Locomotive". Is this an error?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225-202809_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221225-202809_Chrome.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 23

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
The timing load can be used to give the option, even if an 801 is in fact diagrammed.

Established Member
For clarification. The only mk4 scheduled for 27th Dec is 1A49 Leeds to Kings Cross and 1N36 Kings Cross to York.

Last edited:

MontyP

These were posted this afternoon:

To summarise strike days:

One train per hour between London and Leeds

Last service from Edinburgh to London 1230 with other last end to end services over the next three hours.
Is this likely to be the timetable for Sat 13th May? I've got an event to attend in Leeds that day, will be ok if this is the schedule but otherwise need to look at alternative ways of getting there.

Established Member
Is this likely to be the timetable for Sat 13th May? I've got an event to attend in Leeds that day, will be ok if this is the schedule but otherwise need to look at alternative ways of getting there.
I would expect first trains to depart between 0730-0800, with them all terminating around 1830-1900.

Veteran Member
As this is a year old, I would be cautious - was it for an ASLEF strike or RMT (signallers)? The link doesn't seem to have any info now.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
It's definitely possible, but sadly it can't be confirmed until much closer to the time. If you need to be certain now, I'd advise the only way to do that is to book an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.