• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria.W

When I was invited to the video interview it said I had 3 days from receiving the email to complete it. Does anyone know if that means exactly 72 hours precisely after the time on the email? I hope I haven't fkd up as the time of the email was 4pm ish on the Tuesfay and I did the videos at 4.30pm on the Friday straight after work.
Did you get the 'please bare with us' email? If you did then I think you can assume you're in the running with everyone else :) Good luck!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DriverEight

When I was invited to the video interview it said I had 3 days from receiving the email to complete it. Does anyone know if that means exactly 72 hours precisely after the time on the email? I hope I haven't fkd up as the time of the email was 4pm ish on the Tuesfay and I did the videos at 4.30pm on the Friday straight after work.
I'm certainly no expert on this, but usually the link will expire after the given time frame. So the fact thar the link was active suggests that you made it in time. The easiest way to check is log on to the LNER profile you created when you applied. Mine says "interviews completed : 1", which can only be the video interview

Did you get the 'please bare with us' email? If you did then I think you can assume you're in the running with everyone else :) Good luck!
I haven't received this email, nor have I received anything saying I've been rejected. My LNER profile says my application has been submitted and still gives me the opportunity to withdraw it, so I'm presuming I'm still in the running. Anyone else in this boat?

Last edited:

jayjaycollins

I'm certainly no expert on this, but usually the link will expire after the given time frame. So the fact thar the link was active suggests that you made it in time. The easiest way to check is log on to the LNER profile you created when you applied. Mine says "interviews completed : 1", which can only be the video interview

I haven't received this email, nor have I received anything saying I've been rejected. My LNER profile says my application has been submitted and still gives me the opportunity to withdraw it, so I'm presuming I'm still in the running. Anyone else in this boat?
Yeah good point it actually says interview completed and I can view them if I want to (no thanks )
Cheers hopefully all good

BigB89

Y

Yes mate I'm in the same boat. I've asked if only people who get the bare with us email made it through but nobody has got back yet

Maria.W

Yes mate I'm in the same boat. I've asked if only people who get the bare with us email made it through but nobody has got back yet
I submitted my video interview on 21st February and got the 'please bare with us' email yesterday. I'll let you know when I hear anything else :)

It does say in the email they have a large volume of applications to go through so people may hear back at different times.

BigB89

I submitted my video interview on 21st February and got the 'please bare with us' email yesterday. I'll let you know when I hear anything else :)

It does say in the email they have a large volume of applications to go through so people may hear back at different times.
I done mine on the 18th, you would think it would be in order Maria. Where did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?

Sb80

I think it may have no connection guys. I got the same ‘bare with us’ email last time and then got turned down a week after , so don’t look too much into it.

BigB89

I think it may have no connection guys. I got the same ‘bare with us’ email last time and then got turned down a week after , so don’t look too much into it.
Sorry to hear mate. Thanks for your input though really helpful

PG28

I didn't realise that I could view them. I've just had a look - what a train wreck! I expect that the next email I get from them will be "HAHAHAHAHAHA"
All my video interviews saved to my Video gallery on my phone. I've resisted the urge to watch them back, I hate seeing/hearing myself on film!

BigB89

Oh I wasn’t meaning from this video interview. .... I applied last November for the one before this. I’m still waiting to hear back from this one too
I see! Well best of luck for this one then! Where about have you applied for if ya don't mind me asking

Maria.W

Newcastle for me too. I think that was the only base available this time.
Its my closest station anyway other than Durham and I cant imagine there are many drivers (if any) based at such a small station. Hopefully i'll see you on the next course :)

DriverEight

Newcastle for me too. I think that was the only base available this time.
The ad said Newcastle only, but went on to say that they anticipated further recruitment in 2021 at other depots. I think the nearest ones would be York and Edinburgh, so that's no good to me.

cc3000

Sorry to hear that, I expect there'll be a flood of them soon

Yeah no doubt.
I’ve applied before and got the same email, though I remember that seemed to take months to hear back.

I’m extremely lucky though, I’ve been offered a driver job with T&W Metro as I recently passed my Psychometrics so am over the moon about that.

DriverEight

Yeah no doubt.
I’ve applied before and got the same email, though I remember that seemed to take months to hear back.

I’m extremely lucky though, I’ve been offered a driver job with T&W Metro as I recently passed my Psychometrics so am over the moon about that.
Nice one! You can give me a wave as you pass my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.