• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PG28

Received my no as well. Obviously disappointed but pleasantly surprised that I got this far on my first attempt - it's all experience. Good luck to everyone else

jayjaycollins

I got my no thanks email too.
First time I've applied so pleased to get to the video stage. The process has opened my eyes on what's required and I now realise how under-prepared I was for the video. All good experience for possible future applications

Irish Rail

Yeah no doubt.
I’ve applied before and got the same email, though I remember that seemed to take months to hear back.

I’m extremely lucky though, I’ve been offered a driver job with T&W Metro as I recently passed my Psychometrics so am over the moon about that.
Can you give any advice on psychometric testing? Where I can find practice material?

cc3000

Thanks Ian, haven’t got that far but always good to know.

Also, if you get through to doing the tests they send you a kind of practice pack which was really really helpful, with pretty much everything you need to know.

People saying it’s good experience to get this far are right, it’s a massive help knowing what to expect ( from application to interview) and any experience is helpful and will do you well for future applications (I found this to be true, anyway) :)

Irish Rail

Also, if you get through to doing the tests they send you a kind of practice pack which was really really helpful, with pretty much everything you need to know.

People saying it’s good experience to get this far are right, it’s a massive help knowing what to expect ( from application to interview) and any experience is helpful and will do you well for future applications (I found this to be true, anyway) :)
yeah, had the video interview and still haven’t heard anything back. Hoping that no news is good news but playing the waiting/patience game. Thanks on the above.

Sb80

Just emailed and asked for feedback , they’ve sent me the generic stuff that I got last time so I still have no idea where I am weak for next time. .

PG28

Just emailed and asked for feedback , they’ve sent me the generic stuff that I got last time so I still have no idea where I am weak for next time. .
It's a shame they can't provide detailed feedback, especially when I personally thought my video interview went quite well, but I suppose with the volumes of applications they're looking at it just isn't practical to do so.

train-safe

I guess we will all chat again next time! Be good to hear from anyone that proceeds to next stage and even gets the job!

My advice to those who failed at this point, I failed numerous times for various companies and eventually made it, don't give up. Keep working away and trying to improve.

Mark1234

Received a no email too today following the video interview, good luck to you all who progress to the next stage

HLZ77

I haven't heard anything since the "bare with us email" either, crossing everything, but everytime my email 'dings' my heart skips a beat lol

I just had my 'no thanks' email. A little gutted but at least its experience. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!

Last edited:

Eski

Still nothing

*Update*
Received my invitation to the dmi interview today 26/03/21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.