• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Comfy

Thanks dude, does anyone know if the video interview was classed as the mmi or is that to come further down the process if I'm successful at dmi
Mmi is part of the psychometric testing. Its done face to face. The video interview is part of LNER screening before dmi and psychometrics.

OTI

Has anybody else heard anything from LNER 2021 driver recruitment campaign after video interview completion?

Michael1985

Thanks dude, does anyone know if the video interview was classed as the mmi or is that to come further down the process if I'm successful at dmi
Your MMI is usually part of your Psychometric Testing. I’d be very surprised if the video interview was classed as your MMI.

Congratulations on getting through.

Azuma140

Anyone else still waiting? my last email was the reviewing applications one beginning of March

JamesGareth

Hey all,

I got an email stating I had passed my dmi interview which was yesterday 15th April. Got my psychometric assessment day on the 28th April. Hope those of you who are waiting get the good news soon!

Eski

Hey all,

I got an email stating I had passed my dmi interview which was yesterday 15th April. Got my psychometric assessment day on the 28th April. Hope those of you who are waiting get the good news soon!
That was a quick reply! Well done and good luck

OTI

Congratulations to those who have progressed great to hear. Also good to hear the process is still ongoing. Anybody else still waiting to hear it would be good to know?

Michael1985

Had my psychometric testing yesterday, passed all of the tests but failed on the very last question of the MMI. I am absolutely devastated. The very final piece of the puzzle. I have been told that my tests are good for 5 years but would only need to attend a MMI after a 6 month cooling off period. My question is - do I need to do the full application again when/if it opens up or do I just get called to do the MMI?

Such a bitter pill to swallow
Hi

Really sorry to hear that. I’m in a similar position with Northern.

I failed the two handed coordination last August. I have an interview again next week and if I pass that then I go through to psychometric testing where I only have to do that one test again, and then the MMI.

I know that some companies will get back in touch to invite you back after 6 months, but others will make you re-apply. I think it will depend on if there is a recruitment drive at that particular time too.

I know how you feel and it’s horrible, but the 6 months really does go quickly.

Best of luck in the future.

JamesGareth

Hey all,

I got an email stating I had passed my dmi interview which was yesterday 15th April. Got my psychometric assessment day on the 28th April. Hope those of you who are waiting get the good news

Had my psychometric testing yesterday, passed all of the tests but failed on the very last question of the MMI. I am absolutely devastated. The very final piece of the puzzle. I have been told that my tests are good for 5 years but would only need to attend a MMI after a 6 month cooling off period. My question is - do I need to do the full application again when/if it opens up or do I just get called to do the MMI?

Such a bitter pill to swallow

Hi

I failed the two handed coordination last August. I have an interview again next week and if I pass that then I go through to psychometric testing where I only have to do that one test again, and then the MMI.

I know that some companies will get back in touch to invite you back after 6 months, but others will make you re-apply. I think it will depend on if there is a recruitment drive at that particular time too.

Thanks for the reply. I’m sure you will smash the interview and subsequent tests

train-safe

Hi

Hello mate,

Just thought Id let you know if you failed the two handed coordination test then you will have to re-sit all 3 computer tests as they count as one whole test. Speaking from experience as I know various who have failed one test on the computer and then been made to re-sit all 3 so make sure you spend time practicing for all three! Good luck!

JamesGareth

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of what Topic Area 6 involves on the MMI? This is the element i have failed on and i am trying to find some information so that i can work on it a bit more for when i re apply in 6 months.

TIA

Driver068

They have recently advertised on 2 occasions for Newcastle within the last 12 months or so. Id imagine not for a while but who knows

A351

Is the thread finished??? Anyone had any info regarding KX?
Still waiting for info about KX from the March 2020 applications… when it was actually a phone interview before the video interviews started! Anyone else in the same boat?

Loco94

I applied in may 2020, passed the telephone interview but been in limbo since, had a not forgotten you email last year and an update to say they was focusing on depots most in need

Status
Not open for further replies.