• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Forbsie85

sorry guys not been able to check on here. I've got to go to York and ive been given a huge practice booklet to go through so im getting stuck in... the Psychometrics is going to be the hardest part for me I think! Some of the tests look really difficult. My teams interview was 10th September... i still don't think ill make the cut but proud ive got this far ! good luck to all :)

heedfan

sorry guys not been able to check on here. I've got to go to York and ive been given a huge practice booklet to go through so im getting stuck in... the Psychometrics is going to be the hardest part for me I think! Some of the tests look really difficult. My teams interview was 10th September... i still don't think ill make the cut but proud ive got this far ! good luck to all :)

Best of luck. They seem like a lot but they are not that bad - you can make it much easier for yourself by doing plenty of research on advance (aside from the practice booklet) on these forums and elsewhere.

DWPVT83

Well done and good luck, one step closer! When are you off to York?

I am just waiting for my offer letter and contract now. HR called me this week and hoping to have it with me by end of the week

Forbsie85

I am just waiting for my offer letter and contract now. HR called me this week and hoping to have it with me by end of the week

I'm off to York 5th October... this is the day im most worried about as ive got so close... id hate to think my nerves on the day ruin it! Doing practice papers daily to try and get used to it... its when you have to count the low tones and search for data at the same time, and the memory tests... i know I can learn the job.. I can study and i have ways I can get the information to sink in... but these tests Im worried about! Any tips welcome x

Yeah you’re right, thats what i’ve been telling myself, will look out for future vacancies and will go through it again, feedback should help.

They did say they'd give feedback... sorry to hear this Mark.

Slet25

How many applied for the roles this time round, do you know? just out of curiosity.

I know when it was VTEC it was around 20k wouldn’t be surprised if it was around that again. Maybe slight less as it wasn’t advertised as publicly this time.

train-safe

Have you received your contract yet?

Coopes1710

In my interview they said there are 3 courses.
November, January and I didn’t catch the other due to sound dropping out.
The more I think about how it went the more I think I could of answered some questions better.
I talk to new people every day but I have only ever had 3 interviews and 2 of them were part of this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.