• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locomotive and Unit allocation history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all. Does anyone know if there are any websites that give loco and unit allocation histories?

Thanks in advance

Marv

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I don't know of one website for all locos, but class47.co.uk has allocations, names, liveries and more for the 47s. Might take a while to go through it all though.

theblackwatch

Established Member
If you want full histories, the books by Roger Harris are what you need. "The Allocation History of BR Diesels and Electrics" is produced in 5 volumes, plus 6A and 6B which are updates - although some are out of print. Just Part 1 of the DMU version has appeared to date. Given the amount of data in these books, and length of time it must take to compile it, I can't see anone ever doing a website covering all the data.

12CSVT

Established Member
If you want full histories, the books by Roger Harris are what you need. "The Allocation History of BR Diesels and Electrics" is produced in 5 volumes, plus 6A and 6B which are updates - although some are out of print. Just Part 1 of the DMU version has appeared to date. Given the amount of data in these books, and length of time it must take to compile it, I can't see anone ever doing a website covering all the data.

The only problem is that the books by Roger Harris are almost impossible to get hold of, and he has refused point blank since 2005 to do another print run of these books. Yes, I know he's entitled to make that decision but it's so frustrating for anybody who has tried to obtain copies for the last 10 years.

D1001

Watch this space ...

Status
Not open for further replies.