• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London bus route 202 - new bus registration query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I noticed new Alexander E40H Enviro 400s (20 plate and 70 plate HT's) on this route today and thought I read something about some of the 70 plate ones originally registered as 20 plate before entering service (maybe not on this particular route?).

Can anyone add any substance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
Vehicles cannot be re-registered as a 70 plate if they have already been used / driven on public roads before 1st September (i.e. they would be already plated 20). Maybe some were delivered before 1st September, but not used until afterwards, in which case the 20 plates would be voided and new 70 plates issued.

Astradyne

On Moderation
The date of registration is the important date, not the date first used on the road. If they were formally registered before 1st Sept, they would have benn 20-reg, registered on or after 1st Sep, they would have 70-reg plates.

All 28 HTs were provisionally allocated 20-plate registrations, but the latter 17 were not formally registered in time, so the allocated registrations voided and allocated new 70-reg plates.

This info covers the new vehicles for the 405 as well as the 202.

Status
Not open for further replies.