• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nb2001uk

ARL will be recruiting/advertising again by the end of the month. Everyone here who went through this process back in 2021 and didn't start with them would have to apply again from scratch with a new application (though wont have to do the psychometrics again if you already did them) so if you already did a DMI, have to do again etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelki

ARL will be recruiting/advertising for this vacancy again by the end of the month. Everyone here who went through this process back in 2021 and didn't start with them would have to apply again from scratch with a new application (though wont have to do the psychometrics again if you already did them) so if you already did a DMI, have to do again etc
I really hope that's the case as I started the process with them and I'm waiting my final DMI. The start date has moved back a couple of times now so fingers crossed. Thanks.

T-Karmel

You might now notice that on your DB portal, the application you had for the ARL 2021 campaign has now been manually deleted.
They automatically do and it happens very quick. For a lot of who got offered a job, application disappeared even before interview.

nb2001uk

They automatically do and it happens very quick. For a lot of who got offered a job, application disappeared even before interview.
No. What I had meant was, everyone who was waiting a DMI, their application on DB portal had said ''application in process'' since 2021. Yesterday they removed the 2021 application from everyone's DB portal in preparation for the Feb 2023 advertisement. Before it was said they would contiune applications from where you left off, but you now have to apply again and go from sift etc.

Kelki

They automatically do and it happens very quick. For a lot of who got offered a job, application disappeared even
No. What I had meant was, everyone who was waiting a DMI, their application on DB portal had said ''application in process'' since 2021. Yesterday they removed the 2021 application from everyone's DB portal in preparation for the Feb 2023 advertisement. Before it was said they would contiune applications from where you left off, but you now have to apply again and go from sift etc.
Can I ask how you would be aware of this information including the recruitment process resuming end of Feb.

baz962

Established Member
You might now notice that on your DB portal, the application you had for the ARL 2021 campaign has now been manually deleted.
Are overground short of drivers now. I'm an ex overground driver and all my ex colleagues and friends still there have said that the rest day work has dried up and that the overground is over on driver complement.

Established Member

Unless you work in their HR department how could you possibly know that?

Last edited:

Razer Train

Are overground short of drivers now. I'm an ex overground driver and all my ex colleagues and friends still there have said that the rest day work has dried up and that the overground is over on driver complement.
they are yes. over complemented at all depots. separate links for NLL had to be made to temporarily accommodate the over complemented drivers. So i would be very surprised if they did advertise for February.. But i guess that all depends on drivers retiring and leaving for different TOCS and if the number is big enough to warrant a new intake.

nb2001uk

they are yes. over complemented at all depots. separate links for NLL had to be made to temporarily accommodate the over complemented drivers. So i would be very surprised if they did advertise for February.. But i guess that all depends on drivers retiring and leaving for different TOCS and if the number is big enough to warrant a new intake.
they are over complemented but as stated above they are looking for drivers at NXG. x

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Hi all,

As this posting is now 2 years old with no confirmed movement - with a speculative new application coming out - this thread will be closed for now. If anyone does have any firm updates, please use the "Report" function on this post to flag it up to the moderation team. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.