• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Edinburgh trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamskiodp

Hi folks,

I hope you’re all safe and well.

I can’t seem to find any train fares from London To Edinburgh (and return) over the Easter school holidays on either the East or West coast routes. Surely they can’t both be blocked due to engineering works?

I was looking for prices leaving London on the 12th April and returning on the 16th (+- 1 day).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I suspect that reservations haven't opened yet so you won't see them as both LNER and Avanti have the data set to reservations compulsory.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hi folks,

I can’t seem to find any train fares from London To Edinburgh (and return) over the Easter school holidays on either the East or West coast routes. Surely they can’t both be blocked due to engineering works?

I was looking for prices leaving London on the 12th April and returning on the 16th (+- 1 day).
LNER has not opened reservations for the Easter period yet, so you won’t see any availability. This is likely to be the case for Avanti on the west coast as well.

paul1609

Established Member
Hi folks,

As you are in Buckinghamshire Heathrow to Edinburgh British Airways return with bags is £137 mid priced on those days

TheGrew

The Lowland Sleeper is showing as bookable on those dates for about £205 if you that is of interest to you.

adamskiodp

Thanks all for the quick replies. as they’re normally sold 3 months in advance, I was hoping for 2 adult and 2 child advances (F&F railcard). But it seems they won’t even sell off peak returns. Oh well will wait and see.

It looks like Scotland’s Covid rules probably won’t let us in anyway :lol:

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Avanti are a bit behind on their amendments so may be released a little later.

Status
Not open for further replies.