• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Worcester fares advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

Hello

I wish to travel to Worcester on Friday 4th December on the 0850 from Paddington via Evesham. I am returning from Stroud later that day.

I know there is a London to Worcester via Evesham/Stroud Saver ticket priced at 54.10 (I have a DIS railcard) which would be perfect for my needs but cannot use it from Paddington until 0915.

What is the best way to start my journey on the 0850 on this ticket. Get a single to Reading?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
What is the best way to start my journey on the 0850 on this ticket. Get a single to Reading?
You aren't able to do that. If the restriction from Paddington applies until 0915, a train leaving Paddington at 0850 is barred to that ticket throughout

It seems to be cheaper in any case to buy two singles.

Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill £29.20 Anytime Day Single (route Evesham).

Stroud to Paddington £19.65 Super off-peak single

Both with your railcard, slightly cheaper advance fares are also available to save around £2 in each direction if that suits you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.