• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Longest bus route in England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffk

Established Member
At least it's less arduous for drivers than a typical urban route which has several stops per mile.

Does anyone know how the drivers' duties and breaks work out?
Falcon is strictly speaking a coach service as you can book seats and Megabus tickets are accepted (although you can pay on board). It's all operated from Plymouth and there must be a long break in Bristol for drivers as I saw two coaches in the city together. Presumably one round trip is a driver's duty.

However on my trip a few passengers were carried to or from small villages along the A38 between Highbridge and Bristol Airport. These villages don't appear to have any other service to Bristol.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MaidaVale

X4 Northampton to Peterborough via Wellingborough, Kettering, Corby and Oudle. Almost 90 km long!

I was going to suggest this, even longer when it went to Milton Keynes pre-2018. It's not the longest in the Peterborough area though, with that title being taken by the Excel A, B and C.

Longest in the Shrewsbury area would be the X75 to Rhyader at just shy of 100km although that is cross-border. The X5 Telford-Shrewsbury-Oswestry is around 40/45 miles although split at Shrewsbury and operated across 3 seperate depots.

If wales was included, I'm sure some of the TrawsCymrus would qualify as many are 120km+

Status
Not open for further replies.