• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking for Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good Morning,

I wonder if any of you are looking for new members of staff, or if you know of anybody who is recruiting.

I was made redundant from my previous job in April of this year, after they went into administration, I had been there for 21 years and have been working since 1977.

I worked in a small long haul tour operator dealing with individual tailor made travel to the Far East.

I know that I am not likley to get another job in the travel agent/tour opertor side of things now as that industry is rather in the doldrums and therefore I would consider most things so long as they are legal and operate PAYE.

I am looking for a full or part time salaried employment position, (Mondays to Fridays), perhaps in a “behind the scenes” / administration/general office duties area, in the London/South West London region?

I dealt with clients face to face and over the telephone, so I am also used to dealing with members of the public.

I have commuted daily from my home in Shepperton to my previous places of work in the City of London, Waterloo Road and Putney, via Kingston, Wimbledon etc, so would be happy to work in those locations. I do not drive.

I believe that I am honest, hardworking, a good time keeper and reliable, my faults are probably that I do tend to rush at things sometimes and my handwriting is on a par with most doctors! I do have one very aged parent that I have to work around.

I am 50, single, male, living in Shepperton, (Approx 20 miles south west from London Waterloo.

As you can see from this, I am able to use word processing and computers, but may not be as advanced as some of the younger people tend to be re I.T.

So far I have had a couple of interviews and have sent off around 70-80 job applications, most don't bother to reply or those that do don't have any jobs available.

As well as my travel background, I am interested in the rail & Bus industry, (I have applied to some of the TOCs and bus firms but nothing there), I am also interested in history, social/history, I very much enjoy travelling within the UK & Parts of Europe. I also enjoy helping people and giving advice.

I thank you for taking the time to read this & hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Rgds Steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.