• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Underground Stations etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Does anyone know if there are any books that can be ordered from Waterstones or Amazon, that would have a section regarding the "lost" or Closed underground and tram stations, eg Down Street, Holborn tram stop and other bits of unused tube and rail lines/subterrania in and around London? Tks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Londons Disused Underground Stations by J.E Connor published by Connor and Butler. is recommended as I have a copy of it.
It does not list unused or partially built rail lines around line but there are web sites such as on Wikipedia that list them.

steamybrian

Established Member
That is one of my favourite websites. It's very interesting and easier to navigate than subterranea britannica [sic].

A very nice site but a number of disused stations have been missed out..

King William Street, Tower Of London, Lords, Marlborough Road,. etc.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
No idea abotu books but always browse this website when I have a bit of down time at work http://underground-history.co.uk/front.php some great pictures and fascinating reading.

Thank you for this link, I will have a good look at that when I get some spare time.

(By the way, I did used to do a bit of web browsing in my down time at work like you, but got caught a couple of times and received a severe "telling off" so am always wary of doing that now. :( )

DJL

I have a book called "do not alight here" which covers underground and mainline stations. It gives you a guided walk so you can see interesting parts of some of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.