• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

Vectron383

Ok, thanks for the info. It's a bit strange seeing the buses I grew up with get sent off for pastures new - especially with Tridents and Gemini 1s having left already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stantheman

On Moderation
I was in Livingston today and noted 173 is still wearing madder and white on the 280.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
How long do we think it will be until they start replacing some of the worst of the 7900? And will they be replacing them with all electric singles or do you think will take some more Volvo MCV? The Volvo MCV is in my opinion a fantastic product

Busman757

How long do we think it will be until they start replacing some of the worst of the 7900? And will they be replacing them with all electric singles or do you think will take some more Volvo MCV? The Volvo MCV is in my opinion a fantastic product
With today’s announcement about free travel to under 22’s, I don’t think we’ll see another order any time soon. It’ll be a lot of lost revenue.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
With today’s announcement about free travel to under 22’s, I don’t think we’ll see another order any time soon. It’ll be a lot of lost revenue.
By that logic we wont be seeing an order ever again…

Yes its a loss in revenue but its not a deal breaker. There are a lot more 22+ who use the bus and on top of that there is still a chance there will be albeit a small number of under 22s still paying. There will still be funds for new buses

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Asked in the other thread but got no reply so thought I’d bring it on here just as a quick question. :D (dont worry it’s semi-relevant)

Does anyone know if any bus stops at the Boll-o-Bere stop now (image below), or just any general history on it? Did Lothian serve this stop before? It’s just past Balerno and before West Lothian.

Attachments

• E0F8670A-E20E-457E-8E7A-96041269CEF2.jpeg
    E0F8670A-E20E-457E-8E7A-96041269CEF2.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 69

Auld reekie

I take it this will be funded by the SG.

This is being discussed here:

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Does anyone know if there’s any current diversions in the Gilmerton Road/Moredun area because ive just walked out of Morrisons in Moredun to watch 391 on an 8 do a U-turn in the shop car park and go back down Gilmerton road again

CraigLockhart

Does anyone know if there’s any current diversions in the Gilmerton Road/Moredun area because ive just walked out of Morrisons in Moredun to watch 391 on an 8 do a U-turn in the shop car park and go back down Gilmerton road again
Should the 8 not have turned left further down Gilmerton Road towards the Royal Infirmary?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I think someone put it there by accident or a wind up as I seen it today without the "on hire to Lothian Country" sign on it.
Don't the "On Hire to..." signs have to be displayed if the company legal lettering on the bus differs from that of the operator that it's actually working for? In which case it may be there accidentally, but it certainly wouldn't be put there as a wind-up.

Don't the "On Hire to..." signs have to be displayed if the company legal lettering on the bus differs from that of the operator that it's actually working for? In which case it may be there accidentally, but it certainly wouldn't be put there as a wind-up.
Yes. When I was referring to the wind-up side if it I was meaning someone (unrelated to the company) put it there, however now when I say it that seems most likely it wasn't the case.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
With the recent announcement of Scotland moving beyond Level 0, what are the chances of a service change later this month to prepare back to school/uni’s etc

I know offices are still not 100% open yet so no chance of the 275 returning to full route.

anyway thoughts guys? Guess we have to wait and see

DunsBus

Established Member
With the recent announcement of Scotland moving beyond Level 0, what are the chances of a service change later this month to prepare back to school/uni’s etc

I know offices are still not 100% open yet so no chance of the 275 returning to full route.

There's definitely no chance of the 276 taking off its "disguise" and becoming the X17 again... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

CN04NRJ

Established Member

Not this month.

Busman757

No plans for the 275 to return to the Gyle/Edinburgh Park anyways.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
And now we just need the x 15 back, should imagine that stagecoach are quite enjoying the extra passengers they might be getting now things are unlocked and people want a respectable journey time between Edinburgh and penicuik again.

A few more x 5 might be a bad idea either but unsure of the viability of this.

I wonder how many people borders are carrying on the x62 as well come to that for penicuik

ScotRail158725

Established Member

45 will come back when schools start. Other than that the only changes i could potnetially see are the X25 and one of the North Berwick express services

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
45 will come back when schools start. Other than that the only changes i could potnetially see are the X25 and one of the North Berwick express services

To be honest the 45 shouldn’t of been withdrawn as it does more than serve Schools and Universities! I’ve mentioned it before on the forum so I won’t go too much into detail!

As for the X5 if East Coast don’t bring it back after the next service change they are really shooting themselves in the foot, even if the 124 does well in numbers the residents along the North Berwick coast deserve more.

I have my doubts about the X25 coming back as the X27/X28 already run the same route partially between Sighthill and Edinburgh except for a few stops inbetween!

Besides, those services could we see the possible return of the N35 and N49 come back? Or the 300 curtailing back even further to Slateford?

As for the X5 if East Coast don’t bring it back after the next service change they are really shooting themselves in the foot, even if the 124 does well in numbers the residents along the North Berwick coast deserve more.
Do East Coast Buses have enough drivers to run the X5 again at the moment? That's the only limitation I can think of bringing that route back. I'm not sure how many spare vehicles they have at the moment, but I don't think the X5 takes many to run it anyway.

alexf380

Established Member
Do East Coast Buses have enough drivers to run the X5 again at the moment? That's the only limitation I can think of bringing that route back. I'm not sure how many spare vehicles they have at the moment, but I don't think the X5 takes many to run it anyway.
East Coast have two or three single decks off the road at the minute, so getting those back should go some way to covering the vehicle requirements.
There's also plenty of East Coast trainees coming through the training school just now so a few more weeks and we should be good to go I reckon.

Lothianbus703

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but does anybody know if Lothian will be running a shuttle to the "Scottish vintage bus museum" this year?

Is Lothian Country's 591 - LP11 YAX stored at North Berwick? as it appears on the tracker at the North Berwick depot (East Coast Buses other depot).

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Is Lothian Country's 591 - LP11 YAX stored at North Berwick? as it appears on the tracker at the North Berwick depot (East Coast Buses other depot).
No, it is not. It's appeared there for several months at this rate. It's believed the tracker is from a now withdrawn Dennis Trident which had it's default "safe" location as North Berwick.

No, it is not. It's appeared there for several months at this rate. It's believed the tracker is from a now withdrawn Dennis Trident which had it's default "safe" location as North Berwick.
Ah right, a similar situation of when one of the Volvo 7900's was tracking as 713, thank you.