• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Yes, they're limited stop so make sure you're at the correct one. Even at the correct ones I've sometimes had to really make myself known as (genuinely mean no offence to any LCB drivers) I don't think they usually have to stop along there and it's a 40mph limit.
Yeah I agree, used to come back from college and the Napier stop at Sighthill was always a bad one for trying to get it to stop, ended up using the previous stop instead.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mb88

Yes, they're limited stop so make sure you're at the correct one. Even at the correct ones I've sometimes had to really make myself known as (genuinely mean no offence to any LCB drivers) I don't think they usually have to stop along there and it's a 40mph limit.
Having to stop anywhere along there is a pain in the bum as we only get 4 minutes to go from Burton’s to Saughton Mains. Also we’re not limited stop along that section any more; we serve every stop up to Saughton Mains then limited stop from there into town.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScotRail158725

Established Member
From my experience there's typically a stop at The Calders and outside Sighthill college. I've often had it where they're powering along at 40mph and end up having to slam the brakes on once they're practically halfway over the bus stop bay.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Having to stop anywhere along there is a pain in the bum as we only get 4 minutes to go from Burton’s to Saughton Mains. Also we’re not limited stop along that section any more; we serve every stop up to Saughton Mains then limited stop from there into town.

I've been bypassed practically in the road with my arm out trying to stop an X27 (in uniform!) at the top of Longstone crescent :lol:

Also have trouble getting the X18 from Shandwick Place as the drivers don't always use the correct stop - I usually walk to Haymarket if I've got time just to be on the safe side.

Ricky Kane

I see some of the ex-Lothian buses are going to the scrapyard in the sky. There is a photo of them on Facebook in various states; 3 x Tridents in swoops livery as well as one B7 and an old rident in Harlequin livery.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
I've been bypassed practically in the road with my arm out trying to stop an X27 (in uniform!) at the top of Longstone crescent :lol:

Also have trouble getting the X18 from Shandwick Place as the drivers don't always use the correct stop - I usually walk to Haymarket if I've got time just to be on the safe side.

I’ve had that happen to me once with the X18. I think having it share the bus stop with other Corstorphine services was a good idea.

My only complaint being that it doesn't serve the stop between Shandwick Place and Haymarket (Atholl Crescent) but thats more of a personal thing. :lol:

mb88

That’s disappointing to hear! The stop on Shandwick Place has changed but that was some time ago, certainly more than a year. All I can think is it’s ex-First drivers under the impression we still serve the original stop like the First services do.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
The University of Edinburgh shuttle bus is back running - appears to be using Marine 09/59 B9TLs with drivers in EBT uniform.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Well based purely on the observations of just one passenger, the reduced frequencies and timetable alterations on both the 21 and the 30 really aren't working all that well. The service was at best shambolic this afternoon and late this morning on both routes. I hope it's working out better for drivers but I fear otherwise.

Auld reekie

Do any of the airport buses stop at the Ingliston Vaccination Centre?
Thanks in advance.

cammyeaston

Good evening all,

I have noticed a number of B8RLE single deck vehicles on service 104 on a few occasions since the service change. Does anyone know if these are now booked single decker duties or if ECB are having a double decker shortage?

Many thanks

galwhv69

*Mod note* Copied from the London Buses discussion thread as it may be relevant to some people here.

If anyone isn't yet aware, LVF (London Vehicle Finder) (lvf.io) is being locked down to registered users only very soon, due to recent selfish DDoS attacks on the website. You should register now, as once the site gets locked down, verification will be done manually and will take considerably longer. Register at lvf.io/register

Quote from Brian Cheyney, LVF Admin:
We are making good progress towards having a fully registered user base with over a thousand registered users. However these users currently represent less than half of hits on the website. I've been trying to give those who haven't registered a gentle (or not so gentle) hint to register. We aim to lock down LVF this weekend, so if you haven't registered and still want to use LVF, time is running out.

alexf380

Established Member
Good evening all,

I have noticed a number of B8RLE single deck vehicles on service 104 on a few occasions since the service change. Does anyone know if these are now booked single decker duties or if ECB are having a double decker shortage?

Many thanks
Not so much a shortage, as more of a fluid allocation. The 104 isn't the busiest so more deckers have been appearing on the 140 instead.

*Mod note* Copied from the London Buses discussion thread as it may be relevant to some people here.

If anyone isn't yet aware, LVF (London Vehicle Finder) (lvf.io) is being locked down to registered users only very soon, due to recent selfish DDoS attacks on the website. You should register now, as once the site gets locked down, verification will be done manually and will take considerably longer. Register at lvf.io/register

Quote from Brian Cheyney, LVF Admin:
How does one register? There doesn't seem to be a button to do that.
Thanks.

cammyeaston

Not so much a shortage, as more of a fluid allocation. The 104 isn't the busiest so more deckers have been appearing on the 140 instead.
So are these booked single decker turns now or is it decided upon on the day and therefore can be working different services every day?

If you visit the link below to register - note the confirmation email will probably automatically be in spam. After that it should work with the basic features straight away and then the more restricted ones within 48 hours.

LVF Registration Page
Ah thanks. The registration page looks a bit basic though, is there a Privacy Policy or anything which one can read?
And what happens to the username I choose (ie where will it appear/what will it be used for)?
Thanks again.

galwhv69

Ah thanks. The registration page looks a bit basic though, is there a Privacy Policy or anything which one can read?
And what happens to the username I choose (ie where will it appear/what will it be used for)?
Thanks again.
For now the username just seems to be the way of logging in. There doesn't seem to be a privacy policy available on the site, however you can email the admins (https://lvf.io/lvfhelp.php). It looks basic as it was a bit of a rush to implement the registration system

Graeme Duncan

925 was on service 5 last Monday 13th of September and has not been on service since.
I am guessing that was its last day.