• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edirim

Is the 25 run partly from Marine garage now? There appears to be a Zoo B5 and a short twin-door B9 on it today.
Yes, I thought it's just the a few peak time extras from marine that work off the x26 but looks like a few others out as well.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
According to bustimes.org 208 has made it onto the 2 this evening. Is this possibly the first time one of 201-215 has operated on it?

received_341970117657878_edit_24979237652958.jpg

scosutsut

Sorry to be the guy that reaches into the taboo bag, especially as it's not been kicked for a while, but I drove past Lothian Country 181 on Monday.

It was westbound on the bypass under its own power on trade plates with bodywork repaired with new unpainted panels and the rest rubbed down ready for a coat of paint.

I assume it's off for the next phase of it's rehab and will re-emerge soon.

Last edited:

ScotRail158725

Established Member
According to bustimes.org 208 has made it onto the 2 this evening. Is this possibly the first time one of 201-215 has operated on it?

View attachment 102626
believe it will be, that batch hardly ever strayed off a handful of routes from new until last year and they still tend to be kept on only a few routes so id imagine yes it is that batch’s first time on the 2
Sorry to be the guy that reaches into the taboo bag, especially as it's not been kicked for a while, but I drove past Lothian Country 181 on Monday.

It was westbound on the bypass under its own power on trade plates with bodywork repaired with new unpainted panels and the rest rubbed down ready for a coat of paint.
Seems odd the rest is rubbed down ready for repaint considering it only lasted 2 days in service after its was repainted into those colours

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Seems odd the rest is rubbed down ready for repaint considering it only lasted 2 days in service after its was repainted into those colours

I'd imagine it'll be because the rest of the paintwork will be quite faded/aged in comparison to the rear end and other replacement panels. Wouldn't look very tidy to have a shiny rear end the rest looking dull.

Auld reekie

I'd imagine it'll be because the rest of the paintwork will be quite faded/aged in comparison to the rear end and other replacement panels. Wouldn't look very tidy to have a shiny rear end the rest looking dull.
Your last sentence made lame laugh.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Have there been any stops with timetable information on it? I could of sworn Lothian said they were bringing them back for the service change!

i’m aware it’s a big process but thought I’d ask anyway :lol:

scosutsut

I seem to drive the A1 and A720 at the most opportune moments, I'm heading into town and a Lothian liveried (with logos removed) Gemini was heading southbound on the A1 on trade plates.

Couldn't ID a fleetnumber or reg, but got to be a decent chance that was 925 heading for pastures new?

Bus9120UK

Established Member
I seem to drive the A1 and A720 at the most opportune moments, I'm heading into town and a Lothian liveried (with logos removed) Gemini was heading southbound on the A1 on trade plates.

Couldn't ID a fleetnumber or reg, but got to be a decent chance that was 925 heading for pastures new?
916-924 were all still at Marine last week, so it can potentially be one of those vehicles.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
422 now carries an allover advert for Kraken rum. It's been out in service now so will share this picture.

IMG_20210915_211503.jpg

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
422 now carries an allover advert for Kraken rum. It's been out in service now so will share this picture.

View attachment 102651
Looks the part, especially with the Lothian print as part of the ad. Guessing like all the previous ones it’ll join 417 and 421 in revised staircase/fleet of the future livery once the wrap has completed its cycle.

Leaves just 423-425 from that batch in swoops now, unless of course more get wrapped - which will probably happen before any of those get repainted.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I wonder if it will generate any complaints about a bus running around with broken windows! :)

ScotRail158725

Established Member
I wonder if it will generate any complaints about a bus running around with broken windows! :)
Wouldn’t surprise me these days

Perhaps any neds intending to throw stones at this buses windows might not considering the windows already look broken:D

stantheman

On Moderation
Couple of big beasts 11xx on the 45 today . Could be fun on some of the roads in Currie . Looks as if Hermiston PR is no longer served by this route . Wonder why ?

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Couple of big beasts 11xx on the 45 today . Could be fun on some of the roads in Currie . Looks as if Hermiston PR is no longer served by this route . Wonder why ?

The dual door B9s? They're short wheelbase. Easier to drive than a 7900 or Dart :lol:

stantheman

On Moderation
The dual door B9s? They're short wheelbase. Easier to drive than a 7900 or Dart :lol:
My misunderstanding, sorry.

This is maybe a silly question, but if I am in, say, Sighthill and going to the city centre with a bus pass, can I use X27 or X28 as well as the 25? In the old days other operators were reluctant to take fares within the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bus9120UK

Established Member
My misunderstanding sorry

Silly question maybe but if I am say Sighthill and going to city centre with a bus pass can I use X27 or X28 as well as the 25 . In the old days other operators were reluctant to take fares within the city
You can use them on any Lothian Country & Lothian service if it's in the City / CityWEST Zone. I'll attach an image displaying the zones.1631793367732.png

CN04NRJ

Established Member
My misunderstanding, sorry.

This is maybe a silly question, but if I am in, say, Sighthill and going to the city centre with a bus pass, can I use X27 or X28 as well as the 25? In the old days other operators were reluctant to take fares within the city.

Yes, they're limited stop so make sure you're at the correct one. Even at the correct ones I've sometimes had to really make myself known as (genuinely mean no offence to any LCB drivers) I don't think they usually have to stop along there and it's a 40mph limit.