• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Low cost hotel near Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, I wonder if anyone knows of a respectable, but not expensive hotel for a 1 night stay in the Kings Cross/St. Pancras area of London? I may be arriving on a late Eurostar and may not be able to get an onward train home that night. I know there are some B&Bs around that area, but don't know where to get information about these. All I need is a bed and ensuite bathroom. Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hub by Premier Inn is good. I stayed there for £40/night by booking a few weeks in advance.

My room overlooked the KGX platforms

Aictos

Established Member
If you want a no frills stay then I suggest Easyhotel, used them twice and never had a issue.

There’s 7 serving the London area so plenty of choice.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Travel lodge near by
As long as you don't mind Thameslink and the Met rattling through a short open air section just behind it every couple of minutes. The newish Travelodge at Euston is likely to be a better bet for a decent sleep.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Maybe look at Croydon (Easy Hotel/Travelodge) if it's more cost effective, remember St Pancras - East Croydon is effectively 24 hours a day

snail

Established Member
The St Pancras YHA on Euston Rd is ok for one night if you don't mind sharing. Bring your own padlock for the room locker :)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Hub by Premier Inn is good. I stayed there for £40/night by booking a few weeks in advance.

Does that one have windowless rooms? I really dislike the idea, and while staff will swap you if there's one available if it's full you can't. I don't get why they don't just charge an extra fiver to guarantee a window, I'd pay, it's cheap anyway.

Some would say "it's only overnight" but I get claustrophobic if I can't see out.

Established Member
Does that one have windowless rooms? I really dislike the idea, and while staff will swap you if there's one available if it's full you can't. I don't get why they don't just charge an extra fiver to guarantee a window, I'd pay, it's cheap anyway.

Some would say "it's only overnight" but I get claustrophobic if I can't see out.
I don't think the King's Cross one does have any of those. It's the basement of the Covent Garden one you need to watch out for. £200 a night and no window...

robbeech

Established Member
I go to watch Arsenal a fair bit and use the Belgrove on Argyle Street as its so handy for KX. Maybe not the cheapest think its about £60-£65 per night, but always clean and comfortable

https://www.belgrovehotel.com/

Another vote here, they have a few rooms with shared bathrooms i think too so be sure to check first when you book if you want ensuite.

Status
Not open for further replies.