• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lower and lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
It appears we have found the station on the network with the fewest passengers...

Trainfan344

Established Member
Are "heritage" stations allowed to be used on this quiz ?

four Summer Sundays, it appears in the official data, 76 entries and exits, only beaten by others already menitoned...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
London Euston since it was meant to start a few rounds ago according to telestarbox...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Its a bit of a problem if you're working from a mobile, as there is no search this thread button, and that link doesn't seem to do a lot for me.

I have raised this matter with Class172 of the quizmasters, who told me to notify telstarbox which I have just done.

Burnage

Last edited:

Robinson

Okehampton......for exactly the same reasons that Sampford Courtenay was allowed in a previous round.

Can anyone find the annual passenger figures for this station and for the previous Barlaston?

Incorrect; even Scotscalder comes up with lower passenger numbers. Round definitely over.
The next starting station is London Paddington.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Can anyone find the annual passenger figures for this station and for the previous Barlaston?

Incorrect; even Scotscalder comes up with lower passenger numbers. Round definitely over.
The next starting station is London Paddington.

Okehampton: 3,622
Barlaston i can't find...

gnolife

Established Member
Okehampton: 3,622
Barlaston i can't find...

I can't find them now either. I know I had some completely baffled staff at Stoke when I came up to them with a ticket to Barlaston and asked about onward transport.
Lewisham

Trainfan344

Established Member
I can't find them now either. I know I had some completely baffled staff at Stoke when I came up to them with a ticket to Barlaston and asked about onward transport.
Lewisham

So it appears Barlaston was stopped being served by trains in 2003.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barlaston_railway_station
Wikipedia said:
Barlaston railway station serves the village of Barlaston in Staffordshire, England. This station was opened on 17 April 1848 and is on the first line opened by the North Staffordshire Railway on that date.

Trains no longer stop at Barlaston (the Stafford to Stoke-on-Trent local service was withdrawn when the route was temporarily closed for major refurbishment in 2003 as part of the WCML Modernisation scheme and never reinstated). Passengers are now served by bus service X1 operated by BakerBus which acts as the station's official Rail Replacement Bus, on which valid rail tickets (including Advance Purchase tickets) to/from Wedgwood and Barlaston are officially accepted. Access to the platforms is no longer possible as the station has been fenced off.

Unlike neighbouring Stone, Barlaston is not included as a stop on the Crewe - London Euston service operated by London Midland.

Status
Not open for further replies.