• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamdenDave

Does anyone have a link to where TFL are hiring for CSA2's? I can't seem to find the postings on the TFL careers page

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whassup

I think the CSA2 role mentioned might be one listed on the termination email, received by Night time train operator applicants - its a personalised link which probably explains why its not listed on the general TFL site.

Sphun20

Am I right to assume that the Night tube CSA role has fixed hours then? And what are CSA's doing between last train and first train if they are scheduled to work til 7am?
After last train. CSA's working night tube close the station and open it up in the morning which currently on weekends has been adjusted to reflect weekday times.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

Am I right to assume that the Night tube CSA role has fixed hours then? And what are CSA's doing between last train and first train if they are scheduled to work til 7am?
There might be a tiny number some outside of this, but everywhere I’m aware of its 23.00-07.00 Fridays and Saturdays. They will be doing normal CSA duties (ie. what the full time staff would be doing any other night & at non Night Tube stations such as assisting customers and acting under the instruction of the Supervisor / Manager to ensure the station gates are closed and all clear of customers), and then opening the gates in the morning. In between that time will be under the instruction of the Supervisor / Manager on duty, so I’m sure you can use your imagination ;)

Whassup

I mean that's a nice way of putting it and also very much dependent on your Supervisor or Manager on duty for the night.
Fair enough. Couple of electric scooters and a chequered flag and we got ourselves a race! :p

Thanks all for the responses, really helpful in my decision making.

KCJones

I've update TfL and said I'd be interested in the CSA 2 position.

Wondering if those of us in the same boat would get first dabs on any internal Tube Ops jobs, considering we've done and passed all the assessments, interviews etc ?!

Jimbo12345

Wondering if those of us in the same boat would get first dabs on any internal Tube Ops jobs, considering we've done and passed all the assessments, interviews etc ?!
I would not bet on that I’m afraid.

Whassup

I applied for the part time CSA 1 role. Even if not first dabs, surely it would be a compelling point to raise at the interview...

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I applied for the part time CSA 1 role. Even if not first dabs, surely it would be a compelling point to raise at the interview...
By all means raise it, but it won't make any difference. The campaign is considered cancelled with all scores null and void. You'd be into the mixing pot the same as all other internal applicants, and there will also be a probationary period to complete before you'd be able to apply.

This happens from time to time with a number of different internal recruitment campaigns, so there's already the precedent.

KCJones

I actually had a start date sent for CSA training but couldn't take it. Asked to stay on the list anyway I've been on it long enough 8-)

PhoenixAndy

What does the announcement re. no NT for the foreseeable future mean for those still awaiting NT training, particularly those who were external? Are you likely to be offered full-time or is it back to stations as a CSA?
Got my road test next week.
Been offered full time.
Been a long wait since first applying back in 2017

KCJones

Well done you've finally made it. 8-)

I'm staying put in my job now. The CSA role was tempting, as a friend is one and he loves it, but my present salary is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.