• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mainline tours schedule site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete_uk

Established Member
Hi all,

I used to use the very good UK Steam Info website which was quick and easy to see if something was coming down through Kemble and Stroud. Sadly the owner of the site has been very unwell and it has not been updated. I'm struggling to find a similar site where a quick and simple look can tell me this information. Any links to where some of you good people get your information would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I know it's a bit long winded and open to a slight gap in coverage (later than 'usual' publishing, and the like) but what about plugging into RTT for say Kemble or even Standish Jn and search based on operator for the days you have available / the weeks ahead?
'WR'; 'ZZ'; and possibly 'LS' (Locomotive Services); 'TY' (Vintage Trains) would be the only schedules to appear related to charters / specials (unless operated by an individual TOC).

Other than than that I only really see 'Rail Advent' as an alternative - but I find it a little un-intuitve at the moment.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi all,

I used to use the very good UK Steam Info website which was quick and easy to see if something was coming down through Kemble and Stroud. Sadly the owner of the site has been very unwell and it has not been updated. I'm struggling to find a similar site where a quick and simple look can tell me this information. Any links to where some of you good people get your information would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
This is what I use now Pete. It lists steam and the diesel tours too and usually has a link to RTT for the various timings etc.

http://www.railtourinfo.co.uk/diesel.html

Status
Not open for further replies.