• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major Disruption At Woking (31/7/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
There's major disruption at Woking at the moment:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/168397.aspx

A signalling problem at Woking is causing major disruption to journeys between Woking and Wimbledon.

Services may be cancelled, delayed by up to 120 minutes or revised.

We anticipate disruption will continue until 14:00.

The following alterations will apply:

Services from Portsmouth to London Waterloo via Eastleigh will terminate at Winchester
Services from Portsmouth to London Waterloo direct will run via Cobham
Services from Weymouth to Waterloo will be diverted via Havant
Services between Exeter St. Davids and London Waterloo will terminate at, and start from Basingstoke
Some services from Poole to London Waterloo will terminate at Winchester
Services from Basingstoke to London Waterloo will be cancelled
Services from Alton will run to Guildford and terminate there

Rail replacement buses are running from Woking and Basingstoke.

Customer Advice:

You may use your ticket on:

Great Western Railway services between Reading and Basingstoke / London Paddington
CrossCountry between Basingstoke and Reading
London Underground services from London Paddington to London Waterloo
Stagecoach Buses between Aldershot and Reading / Guildford

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GW43125

Established Member
From what I've heard, a few track circuits failed outside Woking earlier which blocked both up lines from Brookwood (from Guildford was ok) just south of the station.

pompeyfan

Established Member
From what I've heard, a few track circuits failed outside Woking earlier which blocked both up lines from Brookwood (from Guildford was ok) just south of the station.

I think it was slightly more serious, otherwise stuff would have been able to keep moving, where as nothing was moving at all from Basingstoke towards Woking. 1T22 0650 Portsmouth Harbour - Waterloo Via Basingstoke was R/T leaving Basingstoke and 205L into Woking. I can only assume the points locked up.

GW43125

Established Member
I think it was slightly more serious, otherwise stuff would have been able to keep moving, where as nothing was moving at all from Basingstoke towards Woking. 1T22 0650 Portsmouth Harbour - Waterloo Via Basingstoke was R/T leaving Basingstoke and 205L into Woking. I can only assume the points locked up.

I think the points went OOC too-everything was stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.