• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester-Blackburn-Leyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Hi all,

Next Thursday evening I need to go from Manchester to Blackburn, then from Blackburn to Leyland on the Friday morning. Can anyone suggest a ticket I can use for this please? I don't think a multi-day single is available for what is a relatively short distance.

I am aware of a loophole ticket I could use but obviously I'd like to avoid using it where I can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An Off Peak Return (SVR) would be valid, however depending on where you buy it, you may be informed of break of journey restrictions applying to this particular restriction code (8A).

If you were informed of such restrictions they could be considered binding. However without knowing the details of your intended journey it is difficult to advise; the lack of a definition of BOJ also casts doubt on whether any such restriction is enforceable, and an overnight stop shouldn't be considered a "break of journey" of you can reasonably deem the journey to be "not possible" on day 1.

It's open to a lot of interpretation, but you should be able to get an itinerary for an overnight stay with a late departure from MAN and an early departure from BBN. This evidence could be used to justify an overnight stay but if you pushed it with the times it may be unwise.

But if you are talking late evening to early morning you should be able to justify that.

Short answer is: we need more info and even then we may not be able to answer definitively.

roversfan2001

Established Member
I'll be arriving into Manchester Piccadilly off the 1557 ex-Birmingham New Street XC (arrives into MAN 1733) so I'd be looking to make the 1802 from Manchester Victoria (arr Blackburn 1850). In the morning it'd probably be pushing midday before I'd be back on the move.

class17

I'll be arriving into Manchester Piccadilly off the 1557 ex-Birmingham New Street XC (arrives into MAN 1733) so I'd be looking to make the 1802 from Manchester Victoria (arr Blackburn 1850). In the morning it'd probably be pushing midday before I'd be back on the move.
Why not use the bus Blackburn to Leyland? Stagecoach Preston day ticket £4.50. Blackburn - Preston - Leyland. Then you can use the bus for the rest of the day if you wish.

judethegreat

If you are aware of a loophole ticket you could use then why do obviously not want to use it when now is surely the time to use it if any is??

Alternatively, is getting a ticket right through from Brum (or wherever you're actually coming) an option?

roversfan2001

Established Member
Why not use the bus Blackburn to Leyland? Stagecoach Preston day ticket £4.50. Blackburn - Preston - Leyland. Then you can use the bus for the rest of the day if you wish.
I think that may be the best option, and as there is an under 19s dayrider for £2.30 it's a fair bit cheaper than the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.