• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Trams, Maps, Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

All being well I am going to Manchester for the day in a couple of months time and want to "Play" on the trams, using the new city link too. I can not seem to find a map online of the whole UPDATED network that will print the whole network on A4 paper. It does the middle part but looses the outer areas. Does anyone have any links, I could try? Thank you.

Also is a day pass for all day Saturday £ 5.40, how would that compare with buying single tickets, I think a single is valid for 2 hours, not sure though if that would allow me to do, Piccadilly Railway Station, to Man Victoria, to Deansgate, back to Picc.?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
There is a full updated copy of the map on the TfGM site.

As for fares, yes it is £5.40 for a day ticket but singles to stations in the city zone, which stretches from Piccadilly to New Islington, Victoria and Deansgate (also via both Market Street and Exchange Square) are £1.20, so it depends on how many journeys you're going to make. You could do Piccadilly to Victoria for £1.20, Victoria to Deansgate via Exchange Square/2CC for £1.20 and Deansgate back to Piccadilly for £1.20, so £3.60 for all.

pdeaves

Established Member
I can not seem to find a map online of the whole UPDATED network that will print the whole network on A4 paper. It does the middle part but looses the outer areas. Does anyone have any links, I could try? Thank you.

That sounds to me like you need to adjust a printer setting. Use something like 'scale to fit page' (exact wording and where you find the setting varies according to printer).

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
There is a full updated copy of the map on the TfGM site.

As for fares, yes it is £5.40 for a day ticket but singles to stations in the city zone, which stretches from Piccadilly to New Islington, Victoria and Deansgate (also via both Market Street and Exchange Square) are £1.20, so it depends on how many journeys you're going to make. You could do Piccadilly to Victoria for £1.20, Victoria to Deansgate via Exchange Square/2CC for £1.20 and Deansgate back to Piccadilly for £1.20, so £3.60 for all.

Many Tanks for that very useful info.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That sounds to me like you need to adjust a printer setting. Use something like 'scale to fit page' (exact wording and where you find the setting varies according to printer).

Thanks, I did try that infact but to no avail. I shall search around until I find something that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.