• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Trams

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

All being well I hope to be visiting Manchester on a Tuesday or Wednesday in early February. I have heard something about trams not stopping at Man Victoria Station for a while. Does anyone know if that is true, we are planning to visit Salford Media City, so I think we need to change trams from the Victoria route in the City Centre anyway?

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Yes, trams are not stopping at Victoria due to refurbishment work. I believe services will not resume until next month.

And yes, a change for MediaCity will be required at either St Peter's Square, Deansgate-Castlefield or Cornbrook.

pemma

Veteran Member
February 2015 is the expected date for services to start stopping at Victoria again: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/news/2...Metrolink-stop-to-be-completed-in-early-2015/ No idea when in February though. If the stop is closed then you need to use Shudehill instead.

No through trams ever operate between Victoria and Salford Quays, so best way to get there is to take an Altrincham/Didbsury tram to Cornbrook and to catch a MediaCity tram from there. Alternatively you can take an Eccles tram from Cornbrook and walk a bit further.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Thank you for all this info, I will note to change at Cornbrook. It's interesting, seeing from the map, how much the tram network has expanded in recent years.

I guess we will prob get a day rover type ticket.

Butts

Veteran Member
Thank you for all this info, I will note to change at Cornbrook. It's interesting, seeing from the map, how much the tram network has expanded in recent years.

I guess we will prob get a day rover type ticket.

I was in Manchester on Monday/Tuesday of this week and fully utilised the Tram Service.

At £5 off peak or £7 peak it is great value.

In addition to getting me to and from the Airport it also enabled me to visit Rochdale, Bury and Oldham. There are also free Metro Bus Services that stop near all the main attractions.

pemma

Veteran Member
I was in Manchester on Monday/Tuesday of this week and fully utilised the Tram Service.

At £5 off peak or £7 peak it is great value.

In addition to getting me to and from the Airport it also enabled me to visit Rochdale, Bury and Oldham. There are also free Metro Bus Services that stop near all the main attractions.

The pricing of Metrolink is similar to buses in the North. If you want to make one short journey it's expensive but if you want to make a lot of journeys the same day with the same operator then a day ticket offers very good value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.