• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May 2021 Timetable Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
However, they were proactive in reintroducing doubles on Bournemouth and Reading to Manchester as well as many West Country services not only from when outdoor seating restarted or even next Monday, but actually from the 29th of March when the rule of six was reintroduced, even if we could only go "to the supermarket" for a further fortnight!
I’m not sure that impresses me much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
That’ll be in my head all day now!!

"You got the trains, but you...ain't got the stops / don't get me wrong, but the dwells time's all right / the Voyagers keep me warm well into the night"

dk1

Veteran Member
"You got the trains, but you...ain't got the stops / don't get me wrong, but the dwells time's all right / the Voyagers keep me warm well into the night"
Very good haha.

All the extra non-stop Summer Saturday services on the Norwich-Yarmouth route resume on the 22nd with additional Monday & Friday peak holiday extras as usual starting in July.

Last edited:

berneyarms

Established Member
The Cambrian Lines pdf has now appeared on the TfW website - valid to 27 June.

Bus transfers between Shrewsbury and Machynlleth during this entire period due to engineering works including this one the raising of the Black Bridge by over 1 metre.

jfollows

Established Member

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Avanti appears to be operating its new timetable starting today, Friday 14th. May.

Download Fri 14 May timetable
Technically they've just not cancelled the services via Wilmslow (as they have done up until now). Several Saturdays and even a few Sundays have had a 2tph service over the last weeks. Friday-Sunday seem to be the busiest days of the week on that route currently.

David Turner

The Network Rail new electronic railway timetable is now available for downloading

Electronic national rail timetable - Network Rail

As in previous years they have omitted from table 65 the 19.02 (until 10th September)/19.07 (from 13th September) from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street. As per previous years both are shown in table 91, the Crewe to Liverpool services. I think this has now been going on for the last five or six years, certainly well before Virgin lost the franchise. Certainly the UK ghost train as far as Network Rail are concerned.

Furton

Has the "express" between Liverpool Lime St and Manchester Airport via Warrington Central operated by Northern been removed? It looks like only the EMR service is the express service going forward?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Has the "express" between Liverpool Lime St and Manchester Airport via Warrington Central operated by Northern been removed? It looks like only the EMR service is the express service going forward?
The Northern semi-fast has been cancelled for the next couple of weeks. They have said it is due to the CAF yaw damper problems, meaning reduced unit availability.

Jamesrob637

Established Member

1st of June it resumes AFAIK.

LA50041

Established Member
Southern May timetable (both RTT and Southern official) will reintroduce peak Victoria to London Bridge via Crystal Palace and more Victoria to Sutton services, Beckenham Junction to London Bridge will be reinstanted half-hourly. At the same time there will be a very strange hour gap in the morning from Redhill to Victoria between 08:06 and 09:06. This service pattern half-hourly all day but only 08:36ish Redhill to London no longer runs. Now 1R13 Redhill 08:38 to Victoria runs and many years did. Strangely corresponding down services run from Victoria to Reigate half-horly all day including 1R10 Victoria 07:39 to Reigate arriving at 08:28. Redhill losing one London bound service leaving only two Thameslink services at 08:40 and 08:59 to London Bridge and beyond but nothing to Victoria.

I've spoken to a colleague and it looks like there is a Network Rail error with downloading this train and it is being investigated.
1R13 Definately should be running at 0836 and it is hoped to get it into journey planners overnight

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Great, thanks!
I wouldn't bank on it - the services will probably just get cancelled on a rolling basis until the CAF issues are sufficiently resolved to free up units.

Nice to see WMR/LNR have gone to the effort of producing proper stylised timetables online rather just posting up VP prints. Much easier to read and engage with.

Class 170101

Established Member
All the extra non-stop Summer Saturday services on the Norwich-Yarmouth route resume on the 22nd with additional Monday & Friday peak holiday extras as usual starting in July.
I think GA might need those Tuesday to Thursday during the summer if people have a staycation summer especially if we have a warm spell and maybe pairs of Class 755s for loadings.

daodao

Established Member
The Network Rail new electronic railway timetable is now available for downloading

Electronic national rail timetable - Network Rail

As in previous years they have omitted from table 65 the 19.02 (until 10th September)/19.07 (from 13th September) from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street. As per previous years both are shown in table 91, the Crewe to Liverpool services. I think this has now been going on for the last five or six years, certainly well before Virgin lost the franchise. Certainly the UK ghost train as far as Network Rail are concerned.
I have had a quick glance at the tables and have already spotted several errors. For example, the newly opened stations at Bow Street (table 76) and Kintore (table 240) are omitted. Services appear to be significantly less frequent on many routes than hitherto; is this still just temporary?

dk1

Veteran Member
I think GA might need those Tuesday to Thursday during the summer if people have a staycation summer especially if we have a warm spell and maybe pairs of Class 755s for loadings.
Possibly but the changeover days at the camps are Monday & Friday. We have plenty of spare capacity so can rise to any occasion.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I have had a quick glance at the tables and have already spotted several errors. For example, the newly opened stations at Bow Street (table 76) and Kintore (table 240) are omitted. Services appear to be significantly less frequent on many routes than hitherto; is this still just temporary?
Quite possibly as "temporary" as many "temporary" speed restrictions ;)

More seriously, I would not expect frequencies to generally return to pre-Covid levels until December, at the earliest. In many cases it will not be until May or even December 2022 that a fuller service resumes, due to the traincrew training backlog that most operators now face. Some lines may never see a pre-Covid service again.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Quite possibly as "temporary" as many "temporary" speed restrictions ;)

More seriously, I would not expect frequencies to generally return to pre-Covid levels until December, at the earliest. In many cases it will not be until May or even December 2022 that a fuller service resumes, due to the traincrew training backlog that most operators now face. Some lines may never see a pre-Covid service again.

Mondays to Saturdays my local station is now very nearly back to pre-COVID frequency. Just the second Buxton missing off-peak which won't trouble many if any. Sundays are still a shambles however that stems from May 2018 and has nothing to do with COVID.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Sundays are still a shambles however that stems from May 2018 and has nothing to do with COVID.

Whilst it might stem from May 2018, the current Sunday service level has everything to do with Covid, and specifically the effect it has had on driver training.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Whilst it might stem from May 2018, the current Sunday service level has everything to do with Covid, and specifically the effect it has had on driver training.
So Northern would be running a perfect Sunday service if Covid hadn't come along?

frodshamfella

Established Member
Yep, looks like it as there are only 4 trains per day shown on the Blaenau branch, which is not great for the summer season and a two hourly service on the Halton Curve with an earlier than usual last train.

Perhaps they are waiting for the Welsh Assembly Road Map out of lockdown which is due to be published next Friday 12 March before, hopefully, publishing ramped up services.
Having just boarded the 13.38 from Liverpool Lime Street to Chester via Halton Curve and seen the large amount of people disembarking the arriving service, I'm wondering that its time to return the service to hourly.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Having just boarded the 13.38 from Liverpool Lime Street to Chester via Halton Curve and seen the large amount of people disembarking the arriving service, I'm wondering that its time to return the service to hourly.

A lot of the timetable has been tailored to meet traincrew availability in preference to short notice cancellations on the day. There is a backlog of training to be done due to COVID and these cancellations are spread across the Network.

David Goddard

Established Member
Just downloaded the new NRT and have started to look at a few tables I follow.
One of the first things I noticed is that Greater Anglia have done away with all of their request stops, and all calls at these stations are now full stops.
Table 13 - Brampton (Suffolk)
Table 15 - Buckenham and Berney Arms
Table 17 - Shippea Hill, Lakenheath and Spooner Row

Status
Not open for further replies.