• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Media images of Railway this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
1. I wondered where the filming took place of the Advert on BBC for their I-Player, it features a slam door electric train in Network South East livery at what seems to be a sleepy country station and when the train seems to pull out, it looks line Southern Railway Signage at the the Station. However there did not seem to be a 3rd electric rail.

2. There was a picture in yesterdays, Tues 10 Dec, London Metro paper of a class 158 Southwest Train in the letters page, no 3rd rail, but it was not West of Basingstoke as there was overhead wires, I wondered where that was too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
SWT 158 under the wires would be very unusual! Its not 158888 from its spell on loan to Northern a couple of years ago?

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
1. I wondered where the filming took place of the Advert on BBC for their I-Player, it features a slam door electric train in Network South East livery at what seems to be a sleepy country station and when the train seems to pull out, it looks line Southern Railway Signage at the the Station. However there did not seem to be a 3rd electric rail.

It was filmed at the Epping & Ongar Railway using their preserved Class 205 unit 205205.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
It was filmed at the Epping & Ongar Railway using their preserved Class 205 unit 205205.

Thank you, I did guess it must have been done of one of the preserved railways and thought it may have been the Epping Line. (I think the Great Central did have a similar ex southern region 4 car unit, but I think it may have damaged up there.)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Unless it could be a EMT 158 under the wires.

No I did have a close look, it was a SWT unit.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
SWT 158 under the wires would be very unusual! Its not 158888 from its spell on loan to Northern a couple of years ago?

I don't have the picture anymore, but I don't think that was the number of the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.