• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Memories of Blackpool North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spam Can

Has anyone got old photographs (or better still 8/16mm footage on CD) of blackpool north in the mid 60's, especially around the shed/turntable etc.
I can remeber remeber up to 34 specilas each summer saturday with 19 coaches on one. I think that was in the hands of a 9F.
At the tender age of 13/14 witn a few of my mates, that was our favorit haunt. No question of being thrown out for trespassing! more so invited into linesmans huts to share tea & to shelter from the rain if it turned inclement.
One particular memory holds fast..
A 9F came onto the turntable & the crew ask us if we would like to help turn her(!) shown us how to couple the steam pipes & with a little help we managed it and watched as she swung 180 degrees (Magic)
A Crab was waiting and saw what the prvious crew had done. Not to be outdone the driver told us he had to go to fleetwood for stabling (as B-pool north was now overcrowded)! and would we like a cab ride all the way to fleetwood shed (about 9 miles)!
My mate had to go home for lunch and I said I did not have the bus or tram fair to get back. With that he shoved "2 bob" into my hand & said "well"
I went all the way to fleetwood-tender 1st and got the tram back & a few hours later watched the same loco haul her daytrip out of the excursion platforms. Now you cant go round the sheds at the likes of SV in case you fall over the rails!!
Anything of that era would be good. please leave a message if you can help.
Many thanks & I hope you've enjoyed reading tis

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.