• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink ticket machines map

Status
Not open for further replies.

ys123

Just noticed when i was buying my tickets and was trying to work out zones, that there was no big circle on the map above the ticket machine around the station i was at with a "you are here" sign to help me work out zones etc. Seems so obvious, wonder why they dont have it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

507 001

Established Member
Because there are signs the length of the platform telling you where you are?

ys123

When I am trying to work out which zones i need to buy my ticket for, I dont always know whereabout on the map the station I am at is on the map, hence a simple big circle around the station saying "you are here", similar to the signs on maps at bus stops

Mothball

I think the issue is more for someone who has never seen the map before, who has no idea what line they are on etc, with 99 stations to look through to find both your current and destination stop, at least having your current stop easily identifiable would cut the searching in half. Not the end of the world without, but it does make sense.

507 001

Established Member
I think the issue is more for someone who has never seen the map before, who has no idea what line they are on etc, with 99 stations to look through to find both your current and destination stop, at least having your current stop easily identifiable would cut the searching in half. Not the end of the world without, but it does make sense.

It also tells you what zone you’re in on the station name boards ;)

I’m being facetious to be fair. I do agree to an extent but it isn’t that difficult to work out where you are.

Mothball

It also tells you what zone you’re in on the station name boards ;)

I’m being facetious to be fair. I do agree to an extent but it isn’t that difficult to work out where you are.

To be honest I've never actually noticed that! Shows how much attention I pay :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.