• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Miss-spelt name on Eurostar ticket - does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetheguard

Established Member
I've got tickets for travel on Eurostar at the end of the month from London to Brussels and return.

My ticket has my name spelt correctly on it, but my partner's has her first name miss-spelt; her surname is correct.

Am I right in thinking that this will not be a problem, and that it is still the case that Eurostar tickets don't have to have a name on them at all. Or should I be trying to get the ticket changed by my supplier? Do the UK Border Force compare names on tickets with passports?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Royston Vasey

Established Member
The ticket barrier will let you through with any valid ticket and neither passport control officer will be interested in your ticket. No problem at all.

AlexNL

Established Member
I've never had Eurostar staff ask me for my ID when they were checking tickets. And the border force people were only interested in my ID, and not in my ticket.

farci

The ticket barrier will let you through with any valid ticket and neither passport control officer will be interested in your ticket. No problem at all.
The reason why is explained in this article from The Independent:
Q Any idea why Eurostar is apparently exempt from Advance Passenger Information? You don't need to use information from your passport (or national ID card) to book, as you do on airlines and Eurotunnel. A Let's start with what Advance Passenger Information (API) actually is, and what it isn't.
https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...t-advance-passenger-information-a8623616.html

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I can't read that as it requires a subscription, but in my understanding Eurostar isn't exempt from API, but doesn't send it based on the booking but instead at the point when the passport is scanned on check-in, as can be done when flying too if you check in at the desk. The reason for this is that you can't only book it through their website or offices, it can also be booked as a TGV (effectively) through various systems which don't have the capability to collect that data.

The question is misinformed, in any case, you don't need the passport details to book a flight, you just need it before printing the boarding card.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
To quote from the above link:

Eurostar said:
Only the person named on the ticket may use it, but don’t worry if you’ve just made a tiny spelling mistake. There’s no need to let us know, just turn up and travel as normal.

If your passport or ID's in your maiden name but your ticket's in your married name, just bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you when you travel. There’s no need to make any changes to your booking or let us know in advance.

If someone else would like to travel, they'll need to book a new ticket.

davetheguard

Established Member
Just to confirm that we successfully travelled from St. Pancras to Brussels & back with absolutely no problem whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.