• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Modern Railway Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

Looking online it is very easy to find vintage railway posters, but how do you buy more recent posters. For instance the Avanti West Coast ‘Lake District Stay Home Not Oxenholme’ or Virgin Trains ‘Fly To London’. I do not want to know how to buy those specific posters, but generally where can you buy these more modern posters, or are they not generally available for sale?
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ticket_man

Hi, I dont know of anywhere that sells them, but you could try either asking the customer services department of the train company that produced the poster or even ask the staff at the station. They might have a spare they could give you. Generally old posters just end up in the bin / recycling.

Condor7

Thanks for the reply, I had given up hope anyone would Reply. :smile:

I am surprised they are not available on a commercial basis as some of these are very attractive such as the ones mentioned above and from a while ago the GWR campaign featuring The Famous Five, as good as any vintage posters which are readily available to purchase.

Ticket_man

No worries :smile:
I completely agree, I dont see why tocs dont sell their posters, I think there would definitely be the market for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.